Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PCB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
    15 day recission on condo doc reissue
    Help! I bought a pre construction condo as an assignee. The developer had to reissue documents after passing the 24 month deadline, and making substantive changes to the documents.

When I received the reissued documents, accompanied by a new contract, I opted to exercise my 15 day right of recission. Reason: I had intended to do a 1031, but the six month delay ruined the timeframes. There have also been numerous changes from the original development proposal.

The assignor, and the developer are refusing to return my 20% deposit. Isn't the prior assignment contract null and void due to the missed 24 month deadline? Do they have a claim against my deposit?:confused:
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2007, 09:20 AM
    It would depend on the wording of the original contract. If the contract was for 24 months and they failed to produce as stated, that contract would be null and void, and any deposits should be refunded.

Get with a attorney in your area. If seem as thought they breached the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mr.doc [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 55 have 401 with $25977 in loans all taken this year bal. remaining $35,000 Income from job gross wage 35900 fed withheld 4600. Tax bracket worries me what do you think?:eek:

About hyperlinks in Word Doc. [ 4 Answers ]

I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window. How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank? Thanks!

Open Works (.wps) Doc with MS Word [ 1 Answers ]

MS is nuts. I can't open a Works Word Processor File (.wps) with Word. Is there a workaround to this? I do know that with Works you can save a .wps file as .doc. Is this the only option? Thanks!

Need EXTREME help with Microsoft Word Doc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my hair out. O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. They will open it up on their computers and fill in all the questions. ...

MS WORD - save a .DOC - so it can not be edited [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) When I make a Word .doc. I want to save it so that when I send the .doc and the other party opens it It will not open so it can be edited... so I make a DOC. Send it via email... and they open my DOC. It opens it a form that they can also edit it. So how do I save a doc. That...

View more questions Search