Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stubby74 Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2007, 08:35 AM
    2 T-tstats... 1 System... no zone...
    I have a customer trying to get 2 thermostats one for up and then down for one hp system... the problem is house is finished and she has a heat pump system.. We have talked with just turn one off when heat season or cooling is in... vice versa... but not real professional. Curious if anyone had any ideas and schematics for ways to do this without putting zone dampers in system. Her problem is gets too hot in summer upstairs and too cool downstairs in winter... Any help would be nice! Thanks... Brian
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Jan 19, 2007, 10:01 PM
    Sounds like an airflow problem, run the blower continuously and adjust the dampers to put the air where you need it open and close return ducts on lower levels to make the 2nd floor pull harder,

This constant motion of the air will continue to remix and eventually balance the conditions.

My home is a 4 level split, so its 82 in the top floor while its 62 in the basement

Simply by flipping a fan switch on the t-stat, I have only 1 degree per floor difference now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two zone system? [ 3 Answers ]

I am intending on replacing my 50+ years old gravity furnace. This may appear straightforward, however I have an in-law apartment in the basement that I rent which needs upgrading. Currently I have a gas wall heater there, but according to current San Francisco codes, I cannot just replace it with...

In the Thanksgiving Zone Now [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, cranberry chutney and pumpkin pie made, so its official... we're in the Thanksgiving Zone now. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Carrier or Honeywell Zone System? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a 2700sqft home that is two stories half of that is upstairs and half down. I have a 4 year old 5 ton all in one AC/Heat unit and only one return in the house which is downstairs. I have been getting estimates on getting a second return put in upstairs along with a zone system...

Zone valves [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a wiring diagram for a new dunkirk boiler . Just the diagram for the 3 zone valves. Company says that the boiler transformer is enough to run three zones ( 24v) . Or do I need to add transformer. Just can't figure out the wiring from one zone valve to another. Contacts on each zone are...

Can I use parallel thermostats in a 1-zone system? [ 3 Answers ]

Bought an old 3-storey house in Maine, heated with gas forced-hotwater radiators. There is only 1 zone, with the thermostat in a 1st floor front room with little traffic and away from any radiator. When the t'stat calls for heat, it takes so long for it to register at the t'stat site, that the...

View more questions Search