Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summerbreeze213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 10:03 PM
    Ex boyfriend contacted me, now what?
    We dated for about a year. No contact for 7 months after breakup, I ended it because he said he was still hurt from the last relationship and had(has?) commitment issues.. he sent a few messages during the seven monbut but I ignored them, all I wanted to do was move on. I met new people. Hung out with new guys , had fun but there was not a single day that went by I didn't think about him.. :(

A mutual told he'd still show concerns about me when talking to our mutual friends and I was moved by that. A month ago. He texted me and I responded this time. We have been talking, it's really great, caught up where we left off, as the seven months gap doesn't even exist. I asked him why he wanted to contact me and talk. He admits that he misses me and I mean a lot to him. I have shown that I still have feelings for him.

Now. I'm not sure what to do... (or go for nc again).. he won't do anything. He doesn't have a plan about us. I am not angry, just disappointed. I should be patient with him?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 06:21 AM

I don't know why you would expect him to have a 'plan' about your relationship when things have been in limbo with you two for seven months.

Yes, I think you should be patient with him, why not ? He has proven that he still cares, so accept that for what it is and bless him for it. I guess you have to take the initiative here, but it isn't unusual for the woman to be in control of a situation like this. Old rules, old habits about love take a back seat nowadays in some cases. We all know a lot more then we used to, and should use the knoweldge we have accumulated.

Be satisfied that you two can find common ground and build on that. It is only as complicated as you make out to be.

Tick
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Mar 22, 2011, 10:33 AM
    Well the first step was letting him contact you first, this may be a sign he is ready for a relationship now. You missed each other and such. Just take it slow is all I can say and see what happens.
    broken_ heart Posts: 201, Reputation: 22

Mar 22, 2011, 09:40 PM

If he has commitment issues.. I don't think you should get involved with him... what if he will not change and remain like this... only you will be hurt...
    First you think about your priorities... what matters to you most and let him decide for his own... men usually don't take much time to decide whether they want to have an future with a woman or not... and believe me if he doesn't want to commit to you now.. chances will be less that he will commit to you in future... and if you have raised this issue and broke up with him because of all this.. I will suggest you to sort this one before getting involved again... I think seven months break is long period for him to decide and for you too decide... rest is up to you... how you are going to take all this..
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Mar 23, 2011, 02:56 AM

What's the point if nothings changed?

So you get hurt more? Not very smart is it... :confused:
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2011, 04:48 AM

He doesn't have a plan,he won't do anything-time to leave him in the past.

Don't waste your patience on someone who isn't emotionally available.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 07:02 AM

If nothing has changed between you, and you can't communicate, I fail to see what the point is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me [ 51 Answers ]

Threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread. After 3 month of dating me and my girlfriend just broke up last night. We've known each other for about 5 - 6 months total. A few basics. We were inseparable for the 1st month and a half, for the past month...

Ex contacted me! [ 5 Answers ]

I know the answer to this but just need the reassurance. My ex contacted me about being hopeless and sad in her life but still only wants to be friends. I am not over her yet and need to heal. I had to tell her not to contact me anymore and she almost got upset at me for this. (?? ) I need to...

PO hasn't contacted yet [ 3 Answers ]

My juvenile son got probation on Monday. Today is Friday and no one has gotten in touch with him or me yet. He wants to get started on community service. How long does it take for them to contact the first time. I called twice, am I just pissing her off. Will there be certain forms for comm...

Ex contacted during NC, what to do? [ 9 Answers ]

I tried to find a similar situation in the previous topics but I couldn't so, here's the story... I was married to a man for a few years when I met someone online. I didn't fall for him in the first place as I was married (even though things weren't great) and he was younger than me. I ended up...

My Ex contacted me [ 9 Answers ]

My Story: I'm 21 my ex was 18 I dated this girl for about one and a half years, and then all of a sudden she wanted a break, I took it like it was a break up but she messaged me saying she still loved me it was only to help her think and find herself again (she has always had problems with...

View more questions Search