Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertg203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 07:02 AM
    What can I do?
    :confused: I am very scared as me and my boyfriend were using the pull out method and I think I may be preganant! I have some off the signs that I could be! If I am would I be able 2 get an abortion without telling my mum:confused: :eek:
    scatterbrain Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 11:02 AM
    You need to tell your mom pronto.
    That's all I have to say.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 11:07 AM
    The pull out method is very unreliable... surely you knew this?

I have no idea as to whether you would be able to get an abortion without your parents' knowledge. That would depend on your age and the place you live.

What you need to do is get to a health care provider, whether that's your doctor, Planned Parenthood, or a Crisis Pregnancy clinic. Find out if you are pregnant, find out your options, and for goodness sake, if you're not pregnant, get on some birth control!
    ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I was just woundering how old r you, because age matters, you also need to tell your mom asap
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 02:53 PM
    I don't understand why people are telling her that she has to tell her mom!

Depending on her age, there may be no reason whatsoever to tell her mother. As a matter of fact, it seems as though the LAST thing she wants is for her mother to know!

Without more details, obviously, I can't know for sure... but she may have valid reasons for not wanting her mother to know (such as abuse or being kicked out).

IF she IS pregnant, and IF she decides to have the child, THEN she can worry about telling her mother.

Until then, it's nobody's business but hers and her boyfriend's.

Jan 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Well that's true but depending on her age she may or may not be able to handel this problem. In which case she should tell her mom
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I agree. She should definitely talk to a doctor about it. This way her privacy is ensured, and she is still getting an adult viewpoint on it. If she is very young, then the doctor can help her with ways to approach her family.

Jan 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
    She should talk to a doctor, but her mom is probably going to find out anyway, don't you think. Its not every day when you she your daughter walking around with a baby, she is going to conntact her mother at some time,unless she is moved away and able to take care of her self and child
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Jan 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertg203
    :confused: i am very scared as me and my boyfriend were useing the pull out method and i think i may be preganant! i have some off the signs that i could be! If i am would i be able 2 get an abortion without telling my mum:confused: :eek:
    I had a baby when I was 17 got pregnant at 16 and I was so scared but my parents were great maybe you should talk to your mom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search