Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanille_18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Honda Civic 1997 - Hood Problem
    Help!! My hood on my 1997 Honda Civic will not open!!

When I pull on the lever, nothing happens (it does not pop open as it usually does) Does anybody know of an alternate way to get the hood to open??

This is urgent and I would really appreciate some help!!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
    It's likely that the cable pulled out from the clamped on metal pull, that goes to the hood release. I looked at my Civic and I don't have a good suggestion for you. It's a problem all of us could face and I will keep thinking about. You may try putting the car up on a lift and see if you could figure out how to pull the release using a small screwdriver. The release mechanism needs to be pulled toward the passenger side. Hope this helps. After you solve the problem, tell us what you did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with 91 Honda Civic [ 19 Answers ]

I can drive my car turn off the engine to go in the store, but when I try starting my car up again it will not start. I have to while for 10-15 minutes and then it starts. The last time this happened I had to wait about nine hours. I got it home then it would not start for about a week. Can...

Non starting 1997/8 Honda Civic Coupe [ 25 Answers ]

Hi. My son has a 1997/8 Honda Civic Coupe with a 1600 fuel injected engine. (UK spec). He recently had a light front end shunt and since then the engine will not run. The engine turns over but will not fire up. The garage that has done the bodywork have replaced the distributor with a new one,...

92 Honda Civic problem [ 5 Answers ]

My 92 Honda Civic DX is displaying the "check engine light". There is noise and vibrations coming from where the converter meets the exhaust under the car-no sign of cracks or holes. Also there is a high pitched sound in the engine like a bad belt. The only performance problem so far is an...

View more questions Search