Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supportteam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Can a person be arrested for abusing prescriptions drugs?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2011, 11:56 AM

Are the drugs prescribed for the person? Are the drugs obtained legally?

As a general rule, no, if you overdose or take drugs you do not need and they are prescribed for you and obtained legally, no, you cannot.

You can, of course, be arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, prescription or non-prescription.

What are the circumstances?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 11:58 AM

It is a criminal offence to abuse prescription drugs to the point where you falsify prescriptions for controlled substances. If they are your own prescription drugs, then I don't know how you would be caught unless you were stealing them.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal ramifications for abusing prescription drugs? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is getting prescriptions from numerous doctors and emergency rooms. What are the legal ramifications of that practice?

If a person is arrested for a felony but the charges were dismissed are they a felon? [ 3 Answers ]

I was arrested in NJ for a Third Degree offense which is what they call a felony but the charges were downgraded to a disorderly persons offense (or misdemeanor). The charges were eventually dismissed. I know it will be on my arrest record but am I considered a felon?

Arrested drugs belong to my room mate kern county [ 2 Answers ]

I was sub-renting a garage from a friend while we were visiting with another friend in my garage the police knocked they wanted to question my friend about another friends car that was reported stolen while they were there one of the officers opens a box that I had some digital scales with smale...

With green card a person deported for being arrested for possession of Marijuana? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a green card he is 19 years old the police arrested him for maryuna pssession he is going to clasess and 10days later another police arrested him and accused of possession maryuana but he did not have anything on the car.My lawer said that because he has green card she does not recommend...

A person with a visa got arrested for a small amount of drugs in the you.S [ 8 Answers ]

Someone I know was in the united states on a visa and was arrested for an ounce of cocain. He obtained a lawyer and they said he had to possibly do 2 years in prison and then after the 2 years he would probably be deported. He never finished with the court system, he decided to flee the united...

View more questions Search