Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria_jonas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Feeling depressed and alone in a 1 year relationship
    Hi I'm 18 years old and I have been in a relationship of a year and 2 months now. We've known each other since we were little kids through scouts but then I stopped attending and after 5 years we met again by coincidence. And we started dating. Everything went well and I thought that it was destiny that brought us together again. We took everything easy and slowly. A year has passed and now I feel a bit sad and I feel that I should be alone for a while. I think that maybe I haven't enjoyed life enough as a single person and need time to think. I don't feel the same things as the begging of our relationship. But I know I still love him. I talked to him and decided to take a break for me to decide what I want exactly. Any advice? Anyone else has gone through this situation?
    Shonnarose Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2011, 09:45 AM
    HI. I read your note and have to say I fully agree with you, you are being very sensible and I wish you good luck. If your boyfriend really has true feelings for you and vice versa you will get together again should you wish, but right now you need to have more experience about life, other people and have experiences in other relationships, not necessarily in sexual or intimate but friendly and compatible relationships where you can learn about people and life... I wish I had done that instead of finding myself married, 3 children and penniless for long time only to have him leave me for someone younger now. I'm sure you can remain friendly with him otherwise he is thinking only of his feelings. Be true to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2011, 12:26 PM

Been there more than a few times, and yeah you love 'em, and miss 'em, but you look forward, not back.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Mar 3, 2011, 09:40 AM
    I've been here (I think most people have). Funny thing, I was on the receiving end. I was in a 2 year relationship.. perfect for the 1st year, but I year two things started to slow down... and well... the sparks went away. We still cared about each other, but our relationship wasn't going anywhere, and we were both young. (20-21). ---- She decided to call it quits (I think she new I wouldn't). I was really hurt, but got over it eventually.

---You seem to know what you want. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling left out and depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure this is a common problem for other people, but my daughter has chosen her mother in law to be her best friend/mother/ caretaker of her children. It's not that I have a problem with them being close to each other, it is probably a great thing, it's just that my feelings are so hurt because...

I'm feeling depressed [ 8 Answers ]

I've been molested and raped all my life by strangers, neighbors, friends and family. People I thought I could trust, people I thought I could count on. I can't take much more of it. Now I don't like being around people. I don't like going out on dates or with friends. I don't like going to work or...

Feeling depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that I've been dealing with for about 2-3 years. I am always worrying about things from the past and future and I have trouble enjoying things. Sometimes I just feel like getting away from everything and just keep thinking about everything. I tend to replay events over and over...

Feeling depressed [ 12 Answers ]

I've been feeling really sad today, and its not as if something bad has happened to me, I just feel depressed, and I hadn't noticed it. I was just living my life the way I do everyday, and then I realised I felt something, couldn't explain at the moment, but it grew more and more, until I really...

Feeling Depressed [ 48 Answers ]

Hey, thank you all for reading my posts. I am in need of some serious advice to get me out of my rut. Sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed, but I find myself learning to cope with it a little easier. Anyway, her and I were together for 3 years. We were having problems this last...

View more questions Search