Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharon1984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 07:27 AM
    The shroud of jesus christ
    If jesus christ was not crusified how come the scientist discovered the holy shroud.. http://www.shroud.org.uk/
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2011, 07:43 AM
    I'm pretty sure there is no consensus amongst scientists that this cloth was on the person known as Jesus: Shroud of Turin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 08:49 AM

Scientists didn't discover it; the Church did. It can only be traced back to the early Middle Ages, as I recall, and a recent scientific study determined it to be a forgery based on carbon dating and some other tests.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 02:35 PM

I don't think the shroud proves anything. It is cool! I like reading about it and watching info on the History channel concerning it. I'm not so quick as to disregard it because of the carbon dating either.

But what I DO know is that anyone that comes to the Father through his son the Lord Jesus Christ, will do it by grace through faith. It won't be because of the shroud. If people stood by and watched the Lord raise Lazarus from the dead and left unbelieving... the shroud certainly ain't going to be evidence. For without faith it is impossible to please God.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 25, 2011, 03:48 PM
    ClassyT is right... it is very interesting, but as of yet proves nothing. Actually the most recent info on it leans more towards its authenticity... but that aside, even if it was proven to be a fraud... there is other historical evidence for Christ's crucifixion. It's recorded accurately in the NT (which is considered historical literature) and in secular writings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jesus Christ. [ 15 Answers ]

Has anybody here ever thought, what if Jesus actually was with someone. Did actually have children. Had a blood line that was passed down to generations. Would this change your view of Jesus or not? For me personally would not change anything. There is a lot of life of Jesus we do not know...

How and Why Would You Follow Christ Jesus? [ 127 Answers ]

The scripture message, that men are cursed to trust man, would be a comparison to the commandment of having no other gods. To permit flesh/man to be the arm they reach to and follow, would be entering temptation. Our Lord has promised to search the hearts of man. And in that search, Our Lord...

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

Jesus Christ Superstar [ 4 Answers ]

I've just seen the 1973 film adaptation of Jesus Christ Superstar, and was wondering how similar to the original Broadway production it is. For example, was the original set in the first century AD, or in modern times like the film? Thanks Captain O

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search