Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyred111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
    I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 19 and I'm pregnant what will happen to him ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2011, 04:34 AM

What should happen is, he will be arrested and prosecuted for raping you. Yes I said RAPE! You are under the age of consent and he had NO business even having a relationship with you, let only having sex. Hopefully he will go through the rest of his life with a sex offender tag on his record.

Your parents should report this. If they don't, your OB/Gyn or the hospital will.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2011, 04:43 AM
    I doubt that you even have the slightest clue what it is like to be responsible for a child for the next 18 years, for the simple reason that no 14 year old does, nor did you even think about birth control. If you plan to give the baby up for adoption, you might help soothe angry adults who plan to have him arrested. I hope you do that for your sake too, your future, and for the sake of the child. I'm not say that it will stop him from being arrested, but you can have an effect on all this by how you act.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2011, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I doubt that you even have the slightest clue what it is like to be responsible for a child for the next 18 years, for the simple reason that no 14 year old does,
    This is not legal advice, nor does it deal with the OP's question. But the point is well taken. If the OP wants to discuss her options in regards to her pregnancy, that's for a different forum.

But regardless of what the OP does with the child (abortion, adoption or becoming a mother are all options that need to be carefully considered) that doesn't change the issue with the miscreant who got her pregnant in the first place. The father SHOULD be made to deal with his crimes.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Feb 25, 2011, 07:48 AM
    This chart shows the age of consent all around the world including the 50 states: http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Depending on location, your boyfriend may or may not be liable for statutory rape. So to answer your question, I don't know what will happen to him. That depends on if you live in a place where the age of consent is 14 as long as the age gap is 5 years or less. Though there are not a lot of states like that, there are some.

To follow up on all the other answers... I think the general consensus here is that you shouldn't have to worry about pregnancy and a criminal boyfriend at 14. To me, and I'm sure others, that's a very sad circumstance. I feel a lot of sorrow that you have to deal with such a huge issue right now, and you're a decade younger than I am. I hope you and your family can manage this in the best way for YOU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would happen if my boyfriend and I ran away? [ 5 Answers ]

ohkay well were 13 years old, my best friend and her boyfriend we were all talking about juss running away, I want to know what would happen to us if they found us. I don't want you to tell me not to do this because I know its not a good idea, I'm not saying I'm going to do it either, I juss want...

What would happen if I ran away with my older boyfriend at 17 years old [ 10 Answers ]

OK, so I am 2 months from being 18, and my parents really believe its best for me to stay home with them until after my birthday. I've been through a lot of things most 17 year olds haven't, and I want to know what could happen to me if I decide to leave home now, and get my life started early. My...

What will happen if I'm pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old, and I think I'm pregnant. My boyfriend knows too, he is 20 years old. Is it possible that my boyfriend can go to jail or get charged? Can I move out and go live with him when the baby is born, because I will be 15 then? What's the legal age to move out? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME! :(

View more questions Search