Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skmartinez45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 08:06 PM
    Color coding on data line does not match jack color coding
    Installing cat5 data standard blue/white-blue, green/white-green, orange/white-orange, and brown/white brown but the wall mount I purchased has black, yellow, white, green, blue, orange, brown, and green. What color line do I connect Where?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2011, 06:15 AM

Usually white/blue to green, blue/white to red, white/orange to black and orange/white to yellow.
    Verify both ends of the connections.
    Blue is first pair
    Orange is second pair
    Green is 3rd pair
    And brown is 4th pair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arboga 3 phase color coding [ 0 Answers ]

What is the color code for a 3 phase arboga motor 2 speed 6 leads? Leads are yellow, blue, black, green, red, and brown.

Color coding on line does not match jack color coding [ 11 Answers ]

The line going into the old phone jack has orange, green, blue and 3 white wires in it. Bought a new jack at Radio Shack and the colors of the wires in the replacement jack are red, green, black and yellow. Verizon repair was at best, snotty in telling me "we cannot tell you how to do repairs...

Color coding of wires in Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the fan switch went bad so I bought a new one but I don't know how to connect the wires since the old switch was broken and some wires were not connected to it. I have a yellow and a blue wire from the capacitor, a black one that comes from the power source and...

Color Coding [ 1 Answers ]

If Blue,red,black And Green Color Is Used While Writing ,what Signifies Blue,what Signifies Red,what Signifies Black And What Signifies Green?

View more questions Search