Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbie Mahara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 04:12 AM
    3rd Front Tooth in 6 year old
    My son had his right centre front baby tooth removed due to an accident and the new (second) front tooth grew in its place. However the new tooth that grew still looks like a baby tooth and is crooked. There now appears to be a third tooth growing in the same place. Is this possible? Will this push the second tooth out or will the second tooth have to be removed to make way for this third tooth??
    melodrama Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
    My youngest son lost both front top teeth together, then as the adult teeth started to grow through, he was punched in the face by an older child, his left front tooth moved, that happened in may 2007. Today sept 2007 that tooth fell out, I was screaming about a grappy smile, but once I calmed down and looked in his mouth, I found a new tooth growing slightly behind, I questioned could they grow a third tooth, but apparently they cant, dentist is booked for this week, but read some of the things I did, and calm down.

A supernumerary tooth is one that is additional to the normal series and can be found in almost any region of the dental arch.

Hyperdontia is the condition of having supernumerary teeth, or teeth which appear in addition to the regular number of teeth. The most common supernumerary tooth is a mesiodens, which is a mal-formed, peg-like tooth that occurs between the maxillary central incisors
    A supernumary tooth is an extra tooth that develops in addition to the normal 32.

Its normally considered a problem but with children who are missing a tooth it comes in handy, consult with your dental surgeon, that spare tooth can be used to bridge a gap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd Roommate Left, What About Her Deposit [ 1 Answers ]

I Moved In With 2 Other Girls Into A Furnished Apt. In Honolulu, Hi Over 3 Years Ago. One Of The Roommates Moved Out After 1 Year. My Boyfriend Moved In. She Was Scared To Ask Him For Her Share Of The Security Deposit So She Left & I Am Not In Contact With Her Any Longer. The Second Roommate...

Missing front tooth [ 2 Answers ]

My 13 year old daughter has a missing front tooth. She is very self conscious!:( Her milk tooth came out late, when she was about 10. As a result of that her adult front tooth is on the front of her gum and has not come down yet The dentist just keeps saying it will come down but I really don't...

My 10 year ols son front tooth has not come in yet? [ 3 Answers ]

Our 10 year old had his baby tooth pulled at age 8 1/2 because there was another tooth behind it. The permanent tooth was above the second tooth. However it has not appeared yet. We have had x rays done twice since the extraction, and they say the tooth is moving down, but we still see no sign...

Dealing with 3rd class mail [ 2 Answers ]

This is an outgrowth of a thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?p=103196#post103196 The OP asked about stopping offers they were receiving for credit cards. One of the suggestions made was to use the Business Reply envelopes and just mail them back empty. The...

View more questions Search