Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnhk2006 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Accessing data from other computer
    How to access data from other computers when I am connected across the internet
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2007, 03:30 AM
    The normal way of doing this would be by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution.
    This enables you to access a remote system as if you where on the local LAN, some slight lag due to encryption, but with all the same rights and permissions.

In the home environment you can make use of Remote desktop, built in to the likes of MSN messenger.

What are you trying to do ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Another tool is one of the services like logmein.com or gotomypc.com. Logmein offers a free service, which doesn't include file transfers. But you can then e-mail the file to an address you have access to from where you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Accessing public records--another ? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a company do a background check -- wanted me to work for them instead of private contractor. Am on good terms with them. Friends with manager's son, who also works there (lg. apt. complex-- renovating all apts.) If I ask them, nicely, can I get info. They received? Is it legal...

Accessing VB dll from VC++ [ 6 Answers ]

I have developed windows dll from VB. (The site http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2005/04/26/create_dll.html?page=3 gives a way to generate windows dll from VB). When I try to access it from VC++, it gives run time error as access violation. But I can access it from VB client If...

Accessing computer on domain [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot access one of my domain member. The error message is " Network Path Was Not Found".

Two Network cards in One computer accessing two networks.. [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could help me with a small problem. I have one network card (A) accessing the internal network i.e.. Net. Printer, shared folders on other computers, and shared servers. Another network card (B) accessing a public network address for VoIP and T1 traffic i.e.. Ports...

View more questions Search