Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HSkipRob Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Writ of Possession
    Florida: Can a Writ of Possession be inforced after possession has been taken by the new owner in a foreclosure bought at auction? A current case where the new owner allowed the previous owner to stay on the property in exchange for various services after the new owner had taken possession. The previous owner had vacated the house and lived in a camper and shed on the 2.5 acre site while the home was being renovated. The previous owner even assisted various contractors in expediting the renovation. The new owner than used the old writ issued to the foreclosing bank as a means of removing the previous owner "quickly" from the property with many personal and business assets remaiing on the property as the privious owner did not have time to remove years of stored personal property, tools, equipment and materials. The previous owner has taken the position that their was an implied lease after possession was taken and therefore the new owner should have had to evict the privious owner because of his new tenacy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2011, 02:27 PM

I thought a Writ of Possession "allows" a landlord/mortgage company to remove a tenant.

Different landlord OR owner OR different tenant? Writ dies.

This would be a LOT easier to understand if you used "I," "they," words of that nature as opposed to previous, current, former - something along the lines of "I bought a house at auction and ..."
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    ...This would be a LOT easier to understand if you used "I," "they," ...
    Oh I disagree. Some questions containing a dozen third person pronouns with multiple parties identified can be almost impossible to unravel.

Anyway, it would help to know where the OP fits in all of this. It seems to me that he (the old owner) should be able to recover damages for what amounts to abuse of process or fraudulent misuse of a writ. And the peace officer who executed the writ is at fault too: he or she received the writ from someone acting on behalf of the "new owner". The writ surely identified the bank as the plaintiff, and so the officer should have known that something was amiss.

Feb 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    I think that you are correct AK lawyer. The new owner deceived the court (fraud) by not acknowleging that he had previously taken possession without adversity and that he had entered into a agreement with the old owner to allow him to stay on the property. He let the court assume that he needed the aid of the court to take Possession by filing as a third party plaintiff on the original Writ granted to the foreclosing Bank. He not only committed fraud on the court he is also in breach of contract and there are witnesses and evidence of both. I personally am witness to the tenancy of the old owner and prior possession by the new owner. We, I'm not an attorney, just trying to help my friend, asked for an emergency hearing prior to the old owner being removed by the Sherriff and the hearing was denied without allowing a verbal argument. From a layman's position, our court system does not appear to be this great bastion of justice.

Feb 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    What's an OP. By the way this is a seventy year old general contractor. No job and he lost his house to foreclosure and now has been removed from the property without his possessions.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2011, 07:38 AM

Original poster -
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 07:39 AM

"OP" is shorthand for "original poster", in other words, you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Reversing a writ of possession [ 4 Answers ]

I recently discovered new information regarding a foreclosure. It appears the deed of trust filed with the note in the county courthouse was "a dead instrument". The original lender sold the obligation to another entity and did not reassign the deed to the new holder of the mortgage obligation....

Bankruptcy to stop writ of possession [ 1 Answers ]

I am a tenant in a house for which a writ of possession was issued today. I had a lease purchase arrangement with the foreclosed owner, which of course is no good anymore. I was given ninety days. I live in Orlando Florida. Can filing chapter 13 automatically stay the writ? If so, for how long?...

What are the ways to stop a writ of possession? [ 2 Answers ]

What are some ways to stop a writ of possession or get a stay for the property?

On probation for possession - caught with possession ? [ 2 Answers ]

Background... first offense probation for possession (over 100 grams) and paraphernalia. Sentence... One year license suspension, one year probation, and some community service. Question... If caught with weed, or if caught being high, or if failing a court order drug test, what are the...

View more questions Search