Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahkevin101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Prom
    Can a 17 year old almost 18 year old marry a 15 year old in California. I also need ideas on how to raise $140 for prom anyone have ideas please let me know it is may 7'2011
    umbriel971 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2011, 10:18 PM
    Generally in order for a minor child to get married, it will require the written consent of both parents, or proof of parental emancipation. You may find it difficult to find a church to marry a couple with no solid means of support, furthermore most churches will require the couple attend counselling before they will perform the ceremony. As for a civil ceremony, simply call the county clerks office or the local judges office that performs civil ceremonies and ask about the requirements and whet licenses and other paperwork that you will need.

To be frank with you, if you can't swing the $140 for prom, better hold off on the wedding for a few years. Go spend $10 on a box of trojans, and $39.95 on a cheap motel room for a weekend, that should take care of the most immidate needs and allow you some time to get some perspective.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2011, 10:19 PM
    The 15 year old and the 17 year old need to ask their parents about marriage.
    Since you don't have $140 for a prom and consider that to be a vital expense, you aren't ready for the real expenses of marriage. Rent, food, utilities, transportation will run 2 of you about $140 every 3-4 days. And since you are asking how to 'raise' money in the charity section instead of employment or jobs, well - good grief. When did proms become charities?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prom [ 3 Answers ]

This is the first prom I'm going to and first time I will dance... Any tips for dancing and maybe a gift for her or something I should do?

Prom [ 7 Answers ]

So the valedictorian of my school asked me to prom. He and I are friendly... I might be the only girl that is really good friends with him. We are co-editors-in-chief for our newspaper and we're involved in a lot of activities outside of school together. The problem is... he doesn't have many...

I might be going to prom! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am going to prom with my grade 12 boyfriend, I have the dress (its navy blue almost black, it is floor length and body hugging, the front is halter and then the back goes to tank top (doesnt show a lot of chest)). My shoes are also black. I need help with my hair, it is long, thick and...

Prom? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the thing. I was moved up a grade due to my academic achievements So I transferred to PCHS. Why Ill never know but it was a good thing. Yeah, so this girl Haley and I have no classes together. But we sit with each other at lunch and we meet in the mornings. I would hate to lose her as a...

Who to ask to prom [ 1 Answers ]

I like two guys but I don't know which 1 to ask to the prom. Guy number 1 has a girlfriend and guy number 2 goes to another school, and he seems not to be up to my standards. But the thing is I don't who to ask to accompany me... do you think I should ask guy number 1 although he has a...

View more questions Search