Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkeller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 09:28 PM
    Myself and 3 partners have a LLC in Arizona. We are Canadian citicens.
    This company owns a couple of properties. It lost money last year. We are filing corporation and personal returns in the U.S. Do we need to file anything in Canada. Corporate or personal. We loaned the company money to purchase property. We took no income and did not repay any part of the loan.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 04:16 PM
    I am not a Canadian tax expert, but it would seem to me that you would WANT to file Canadian tax returns to claim the losses on these properties against other Canadian income sources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are new members of an LLC responsible for outstanding debts of the LLC? [ 0 Answers ]

My partner and I are 50/50 owners of an LLC. We are both managing members. 50% of our ownership was used as collateral for loans from an investor. The investor is also a managing member but did not have an ownership interest in the LLC until we defaulted on the loans. The investor now has 50%...

Bancruptcy and LLC partners [ 6 Answers ]

I have an LLC company that we opened with another party. Both have equal ownership of this LLC. Turns out now he is going to file for personal bancruptcy, as well as bancrupt his other 2 copmanies that he owns himself. His houses are in foreclosure and significant money is owed under his other...

I have a California & an Arizona LLC doing business exclusively in Arizona. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a California & an Arizona LLC doing business exclusively in Arizona. Must we pay both CA & AZ LLC taxes?

Single Member LLC or Partnership (Husband/Wife) LLC (Tax Advantages) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife is winding down to her last semester in college and has already gotten really busy with freelance work. In the midst of all this work is contracts, deadlines, and money. On the side we have been doing photography work for a little over a year now, but will no doubt get a lot...

View more questions Search