Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worleyma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Sink pipes make noise when stool is flushed
    When we flush the stool there is a noise under the sink on the opposite wall. It's sort of a gurgling sound.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2011, 06:53 PM

Put your ear over your sink drain and have someone flush the toilet. Is the sound coming up and out of the sink drain? If so I'd think a clog, most likely in the vent pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My water got shut off and now the pipes make noise when I flush the toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two story house with two bathrooms upstairs. Recently my water was shut off by the city. I didn't know that it had been done until I flushed the downstairs toilet two or three times. I paid my bill and got it turned back on. Every since I got it turned back on the pipes make a deep humming...

Pipes make noise when turning off water [ 4 Answers ]

When I shut off the water I get a Fog Horn sound coming from my pipes. I can not tell where is really coming from as a I heard it from from all over. It does not seem to any certain faucet that causing the problem, I have heard it from the upstairs shower, upstairs kitchen sink, downstairs bathroom...

Noise in pipes when toilets have been flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush the toilets in the house there's a sound like a motor running in the pipes throughout the house. This just started... never heard it before yesterday. How can I figure out what it is?

Can shutting off the water line cause pipes to make a noise when in the bathroom? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, we recently had to have a shut off valve replaced under our kitchen sink cabinet that went to the hot water going to the dishwasher. After the water was turned back on, the pipes in the tube in one of our bathrooms started making strong vibrations when we turned it from hot to cold. The...

View more questions Search