Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Feb 23, 2011, 02:00 PM
    GE profile refrgerator. Ice door on dispenser
    I have a GE profile PSC23SGRBSS side by side with the water and ice dispenser on the door. The door for the ice dispenser does not shut after dispensing the ice. You have to remember to reach up and close or else everything inside freezes together. Any ideas on how to remove the trim plate and what the problem could be.
    Thanks
    shulta44
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Feb 24, 2011, 11:22 AM
    So after fiddling around I can answer myself and hopefully it will help someone else. I used a putty knife that I put teflon tape on(to prevent scratching the stainless steel) There are 3 tabs on the top and 2 tabs on the bottom and several on each side. I started at the top right corner, slightly pry while pushing down on first tab. Once that was out I worked my way across the top and down the side. On the sides there was also two way mounting tape (any home depot)Pry enough to pull off the tape. The display and interface board snaps out, start at the bottom.next 4 screwws hold in the dispenser shield. Everything you nedd to get at is right in front now. My problem was the solenoid. Top right corner.
    shulta44

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ge fridge sxs door water ice dispenser has no power [ 2 Answers ]

My GE fridge with the water and ice dispenser in the door does not work. The dispensers will not work. The light will not work. None of the lights on the choices work. It appears there is no power to the module. I have unplugged the fridge for 2 minutes to reset but still nothing.

Ice dispenser door is not shutting good and causing frost [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get the door to stay closed securely? I have a kenmore side by side, with the ice maker and dispenser in the door. Frost is building up around the opening of the ice maker. I cleaned all this ice off and the door is still not shutting.

Ice dispenser not producing ice [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Roper refrigerator and the ice dispenser is not producing ice. The water comes out fine but when I turn the ice bin to make ice, nothing happens. For experimental purposes only, I put a bag of ice into the bin and ice came out with no problem. Please help!

View more questions Search