Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda2109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 10:37 AM
    Mass of precipitate formed
    When 25mL of .500M iron(II) sulfate is combined with 35mL of .332 M barium hydroxide, two different precipitates are formed. Estimate the mass of the precipitates formed. What are the equilibrium concentrations of the ions in solution?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 11:38 AM

Write a balanced chemical equation for the reaction. Work out the number of moles of each reactant present and from your equation, deduce the limiting reagent.

Using this, find the number of moles of products, hence their masses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay mass tax if I live in nh and work in nh but my company is based in mass? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I am a plumber and live in NH. I have worked for two different companies which are based in MASS. One company I only worked in NH and they were taking out MASS tax until I asked them not to, they already took out 800.00. But they did provide me with a letter stating that I worked 0...

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, are = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fix [ 0 Answers ]

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless beari? Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless bearing. A string wrapped around the cylinder pulls downward with a force F which...

How can I figure out mass of aluminum sulfide formed? [ 7 Answers ]

A sample of 4.5g aluminum reacts with 6.8g of sulfur to form aluminum sulfide according to the following reaction. 2Al+3S----->Al2S3 Which one is the limiting reagent? Al is limiting reagent. Because Al=(4.5g)(1mol/26.98g)(1mol/2mol)(150.17g Al2S3/1mol Al2S3)=1.25g...

For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? [ 1 Answers ]

PbCl2(s) = Pb+2(aq) + 2Cl -(aq). For every mole of Pb+2 ions that are formed, how many moles of Cl- ions are formed? I know the Atomic weight is 35.45 but how do you change grams to moles?

View more questions Search