Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coni0038 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Working in a morgue
    Do physician assistants work in morgues?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Generally speaking - No. When a person is being taken to a morgue, they are already dead and have no need of a doctor. A mortician comes and takes the body to a funeral home for burial.

A Physician Assistant is like a "Junior Doctor" - They work under the supervision of physician. See: Physician assistants
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Normally no, but of course I worked with a medical doctor who was driving a fork lift, so I guess they can work anywhere they want to.

But you have a mortician and a funeral director which are specific jobs which are either certified or licensed by most states.
    hcourtne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Assuming you do not already have a degree as a PA and are wanting to work in a morgue, you can look into becoming an autopsy technician. Tech's are basically a PA for a pathologist- they perform the actual dissection and run the morgue while pathologists dissect the organs after removal and make the final call. I did this part time while I was in college as a pre-med. If you already have an undergraduate degree and especially if you already have a graduate degree (namely as a PA) you are probably overqualified since you do not need a degree to be an autopsy technician, just certifications and training.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it working? [ 1 Answers ]

What is an easy test to determine if the computer is dead or if it is the monitor that died?

CD-RW not working [ 4 Answers ]

The CD-RW drive is not working. It says that it cannot complete a burn or it says that it is done but there is nothing there or an incomplete burn. The drivers are up to date. Any ideas? The computer is about 3 years old and running Windows XP service pack 2. It is a Pentium 4, 2,4 gHZ and has...

Working in a morgue [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for employment in a morgue . Can you tell me what type of education you need to work there.

What to do in morgue [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16. And I was wondering if its possible to get a job in a morgue at this age, or if not, if I could volunteer. My goal in lif eis to be a coroner so I want to start as early as possible.

View more questions Search