Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GNJ0775 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Burner cycles on and off during the call for heat.
    I have a Keeprite NTC6075FBG1 that's about 8years old,It starts up ventor motor first then the burner lights then the blower motor start,after a few minutes of being on blowing heat the burner goes out, nothing else stop just the burner goes out, then about 45 second later the buner relights and blows hot air, this happens about 3 or 4 times during the call for heat.
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Feb 22, 2011, 08:30 PM

First thing I would check is if there is a limit stat opening and shutting the burner off. There are plenty of variables here and your description doesn't give me enough to eliminate others, but start with either a faulty limit stat or incorrect air flow. Beyond that I recommend a professional, there are just too many things that it could be to list here not to mention describing the testing methods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater cycles too short and cycles many times before heat actually goes on... [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old Goodman heater model GMS81155CNA that we just replaced the blower motor on, fortunately it was under warranty until April. Now it keeps trying to cycle 2 or 3 times before the burners actually go on, sometimes it will ignite on the first attempt other times it won't. Often we...

Heat pump cycles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old York heat pump and a 8 year old Goodman Furnace and a Honeywell Pro Th3110d digital thermostat. The problem is that the heat pump wants to run all the time after it cycles 4 or 5 times. Each time it cycles the air temps seem to get lower. If when it wants to run all the time I...

Oil burner short cycles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carlin hot air oil fired system. The burner appears to short cycle when the stat calls for heat. Once the stat calls for heat the burner fires up and runs for a few minutes after the fan comes on. Then the burners shuts down for a few minutes while the fan still runs and fires up again....

View more questions Search