Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenesco1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Potential difference, Current, Resistance
    A source of variable potential difference is attached across the ends of 1 m of resistance wire and the potential difference across the wire is steadly increased.
    a) Describe how the current through the wire changes
    b) Provide the temperature of the wire does not change significantly, what radio is constant as the potential difference across the wire increased?

(Variable potential difference = Voltage)
    Thank You!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 09:48 AM

a) The wire has a constant resistance. So, apply Ohm's Law, and the formula:

V = IR

b) It's ratio, not radio. Use the formula I just gave you to guess that answer :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between current assets and current liabilites [ 4 Answers ]

This homework problem is killing me. I've been at it for days and it's due at midnight tonight... 2 1/2 hours. I need to find the difference between the current assets and current liabilities. Then, I need to find the total assets and net income or loss. GRRRR> Please help! Here's the info...

Current and Resistance [ 8 Answers ]

A 50-watt lamp, a 20-watt, a 75 watt lamp, and a 100-watt lamp are connected in parallel to a 110-volt circuit. Calculate a) the current through each lamp; b) the resistance of each lamp; c) the total resistance of the circuit.

I want to know actually potential difference is ? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it just like diffusion gradient which results in osmosis or is it something else? Moreover also when we go accroding to ohm's law current is directly propertional to potential difference, but our teacher today taught us power transmission and he said P=VI in which if V is more then I is loss...

Potential difference [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the potential difference across each resistor in parallel. 12v dc supply, 10 ohms (R) 5 ohms(R)?

Electricity-voltage,current,resistance [ 1 Answers ]

What is voltage,current and resistance? Thanks:) Would help a lot!

View more questions Search