Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carstaff91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Could I possibly be pregnant?
    I am 20 years old, and my boyfriend and me are sexually active. Because I am deathly allergic to most birth controls, and allergic to condoms, we use the pull out method. For the last 3 years, my period has been pretty regular.

Then this month starts. I've been feeling incredibly tired, dizzy, and moodier than usual. I deal with daily nausea and headaches, but they've been worse lately.

On the 17th of this month (february) I began very VERY lightly spotting. The color was a pinkish brown, very light, mixed with some clear discharge and only appeared when I wiped,like a stain. No pain accompanied this. It lasted until the 20th. On the 20th I didn't experience anything. No spotting, nothing. Then on the 21st I spotted again. Very light just like before, and only when I wiped. But it was a little more brown.

Then at 2am on the 22nd (today) I began bleeding a little. Very light, but bright red flow. It only showed up when I put a tampon in. At 11:30am, I woke up and took the tampon out. It had only been 1/4 of the way used, and was covered in dark dark brown blood. No fresh blood. I have had the tampon out for 30 minutes now, and I haven't been bleeding. Once again, it only shows up when I wipe.

The other symptoms I've been experiencing have been:

Constipation, just today out of no where. I hurt incredibly bad. But no cramps like my usual period, only dealing with this pain now.

Dizzy, nausea, headaches etc like I stated above

Im running to the bathroom a lot more frequently.

And a lot of foods make my stomach hurt and make me feel sick.

Any help or advice?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 01:47 PM

I am a little curious about your "deathly" allergy to most methods of birth control. There are condoms which are NOT latex, by the way.

The "pull out" method is the LEAST effective means of birth control.

Any time you have sex you run the risk of pregnancy.

Go to the Pharmacy and get the recommended HPT kit.

After that consult with a Physician about methods of birth control and ask the Pharmacist about non-latex condoms.
    carstaff91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
    Every birth control I've tried has made me incredibly sick, to where I couldn't even get out of bed, I was constantly throwing up, slipping in and out of consciousness. My doctor won't let me try birth control anymore.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carstaff91 View Post
    Every birth control ive tried has made me incredibly sick, to where i couldnt even get out of bed, i was constantly throwing up, slipping in and out of conciousness. My doctor wont let me try birth control anymore.
    Then you need a new doctor. I highly doubt that at 20 years old, you've tried EVERY type of birth control out there. Have you tried NuvaRing? Depo-Provera? A diaphragm? Mirena? Those are all successful forms of birth control which are not a pill.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carstaff91 View Post
    Every birth control ive tried has made me incredibly sick, to where i couldnt even get out of bed, i was constantly throwing up, slipping in and out of conciousness. My doctor wont let me try birth control anymore.

Sorry but I have problems believing this -

And non-latex condoms?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 06:47 PM

Everything else aside, you seem to have magically developed every imaginable pregnancy symptom in the book, and all within the past 3 weeks. I strongly believe your symptoms are more in your head than they are a reality. Get yourself a stick, pee on it and put your mind at ease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I possibly be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I missed my period. I have been feeling very tired when I wake up and if I don't go back to sleep for the rest of the day even though my body is telling me to take a nap I am extremely moody. I won't do anything all day and I still feel tired and exhausted. By the end of the day towards night I...

Possibly pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the pill for the last few years. About 4 momths ago I started on st john wort (which I heard decreses the pills effectivness). My period become much heavier in the last two months. All of a sudden, this month, its really really light flow. My boyfriend and I also use condoms. Any...

Possibly pregnant.possibly [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 22 year old male from puerto rico. These recent months have been horrible in my life and my mental stability has been a huge roller coaster ride that now appears to be at the highest peak before the steepest fall. I recently got back together with the love of my life, a beautiful woman who I...

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search