Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    good1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 06:48 AM
    TAx advice
    I am an international student (F1-Visa) on OPT working full time. I am worried about filing my tax this year... uknowingly I filed tax for last 2 years through Turbo-tax online. But now I came to know that it not legal for me to file tax through turbo tax as its only for resident or us citizen.

I am seeking advice... as I am now on OPT.. whats better option for me to file taxes.. as I will applying for H1-B visa... I don't want to face any problem... My university provide CINTAX support for international and OPT student.Should I go ahead with CINTAX and file tax... please let me know

Or if you have any number to contact anr any consultant.. I can call you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
    If you wish to talk, email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I will send you a phone number.

You DID file incorrectly in the past years, and you DO need to fix it by amending your return with Form 1040X and attaching properly-prepared Forms 1040NR-EZ and 8843 to the Form 1040X.

Your mistake is a common one, so do not get overly concerned. You need only to correct it as noted above, and everything will be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax advice on renting rooms [ 1 Answers ]

If you were to rent out rooms in your first home( and receiving a first time home buyers credit). Is it better to consider half the home as a rental and get rental related deductions(i.e home improvements and maintence). Or is it better to not declare the income from the rented rooms but then lose...

Tax advice for Canadian Tax Return [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently moved to Ottawa, Ontario to work from Halifax, Nova Scotia. My last return was filed in Nova Scotia. I will be filing this year's return in Ontario, hence I wanted to know how things will change and if I am eligible for some credits for moving from one province to...

Tax advice [ 1 Answers ]

My question is based on the submission of a UK corporation tax return. I represent a UK incorporated company that made a profit (accounts audited and filed) in 2009 and wishes to net off profits from its UK company against brought forward losses from its holding company which is registered in...

TAX Advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, This was one of the topics of discussion at the family dinner table tonight and I thought it would be a good thing to pass along to all of you. The question is: Is it better to receive a tax refund or not? Would you rather send the Government more money in April or find out you...

Opt Tax Advice Please [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All I am studying in US since 2001, currently I am working with a company on my OPT, My H-1 is applied and will not go into effect till may 1, 2006. I recently got married. I have following questions regarding Taxes I will be filing in 2006 1. Which Form should I file, Should I use...

View more questions Search