Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfish12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 05:54 AM
    What combinations of bends in a conduit run would I need to use a pull box
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2011, 07:44 AM
    The maximum amount of bends allowed in a conduit run point to point is 360 degrees. This shall include all 90 deg bends along with kicks, offsets, etc.

Depending on the size conduit, and amount of wires in the conduit, we often keep the total amount of bends at 180 degrees.

Fittings such as LB's, pulling Ells, along with junction boxes, act as pull points.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Not exactly sure what you mean. But you can't have more than 4 90 degree bends in a continuous conduit run. Does that help?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 06:11 AM

In other words... add up the number of degrees of each bend from the beginning to the end (effectively between any two pull points) and the total muber can not excede 360. As an example 4 - 90 degree bends hit that... or 8 - 45 degree bends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a fiber optic cable junction box be used as a pull box [ 1 Answers ]

We have terminated a 24 fiber in a junction (30"x24"x8") and have several 1-2 fiber coming out to various points. The would like to use this box to pull additional multi-fiber through the same box. I believe this is not allowed. I need clarification.

Straping conduit next to box [ 3 Answers ]

How far from a 4 square box do you have to strap your emt 3/4 conduit

I have romex installed in a conduit for about an 8ft run. Is this OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I upgraded my garage to add a couple of receptacles. The bulk of the wire is running through the rafters of my basement, but I enclosed about the last 8-10ft of romex NM-2 in 1" PVC conduit for mainly protection since this was going to be exposed. Now I have some concerns after reading that I...

Can I run a power cord conduit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a residential sewage pump station in the front of my house. It’s a 300 Gallon concrete pump chamber. In it, there is a Gould (Model 3886) Submersible sewage pump with a 220v plug that gets plugged into a SJERhombus Super Single pump switch that has a piggyback plug. That plug in turn...

How to pull #12 through 3/4 pvc conduit [ 15 Answers ]

How is the best way to pull a #12 neutral and #12 ground insulated through 3/4 pvc conduit that already has 2 #12 black wires. I need to get rid of one of the black wires and replace it with the white neutral and green ground. It has at least 3 90 degree ells.

View more questions Search