Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maliab4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Itchy skin appears to be insect bites
    My dog became restless early this morning and appears to have insect bites. Some are small on his chest some appear to be like big welts on his side. They may be bigger because he has been scratching. I checked his fur and bedding and don't see anything like fleas, plus we are in Utah and it is 30 degrees outside and my other dog appears to be fine. Any Ideas
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 10:41 PM

Could be Lice.

You should wash all his bedding and spray the flea/tick/lice spray on his bedding and everywhere in the house. Wash the dog with a flea/tick/louse shampoo.. Be sure to follow directions! For his itchies.. you can use witch hazel diluted in water and was his itchy spots or even "dog lotion" which is typically hydrocortison lotion.

If the symptoms don't stop within a couple days, head to the vet... It may also be hives form an allergic reaction.
    jessicasmith Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2011, 06:39 AM
    Take your dog to the vet to get some anti biotics or you could put baby lotion on your dog and if that doesn't heal in about a week or two take him to the vet and have him checked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Insect Bites [ 2 Answers ]

I sometimes get small, mildly itchy bites on my feet and legs at night that are not mosquito bites. My 3 cats often lie on my bed but I have checked them and my sheets over and they do not have fleas. They seem to happen more often in the fall. Does anyone else have this?

Itchy bug bites [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved from Illinois to Perkinston, Mississippi ( down by the coast). Ever since I have been here I have gotten bitten by yellow flies, & little black bugs. I have very itchy red bite marks that drive me up the wall because they are so itchy. Once bitten, they get very hard and are...

What insect bites in clusters and very itchy? [ 1 Answers ]

Once or twice a year, it appears that I get bitten by an insect(s) that bite in clusters and result in very, very itchy skin abrasions. The itch can last for five or six days. Do you know what kind of insect this might be.

Insect bites behind ears [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed between 10-20 itchy bites behind both my ears. They are similar to mosquito bites but there are too many of them to be just mosquitos. They could be bed bugs but many of the cases I've read about are on the arms and legs. Any ideas what they are and if so how to get rid of them. ...

View more questions Search