Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heatherp90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 06:24 PM
    My Dell Inspiron 530S has application errors and won't stay on
    I have a Dell Inspiron 530S Windows Vista Basic and when I "Log In" a message pops up saying:
    The application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b). Click OK to terminate the application.

Application Errors Included:
    Utilman.exe
    AtBroker.exe
    explorer.exe
    taskmgr.exe

After all those application errors pop up anothr box pops up saying:
    Transitions Accessible technologies between desktops has stopped working & Task Scheduler Engine has stopped working
    A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

After it says this my computer either stays on with a black screen or automatically shuts down.

If anyone can help me fix this problem I well be sooo very grateful.

PS this problem happened right after I shutdown my computer and let it do updates.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 06:30 PM

I have to ask. Did you allow the computer to complete the update before you turned it off?

The explorer file is your windows file that allows your desktop to function. If it has been corrupted then you will have to reinstall it. Can you boot in safe mode? (F8)

If you can then it may be possible to do a "restore" for your machine and get it back to an earlier date before the update was attempted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell inspiron laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I have a dell inspiron laptop and was wondering if I can use a d-link wna-2330 card for wireless access to the internet. If it would support this card where on the Dell would I plug it in and would it allow me to surf the web from any room in my house? Thanks in advance for the help!;)

Returning my Dell Inspiron 530s for a larger one, 32 or 64 bit? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to return my Inspiron 530s. Not being computer literate, I now understand some of the requirements I needed that I did not know when I ordered it. It is not powerful enough to accommodate a GeForce 8500, 1g, graphics card and other deficits. I am not going to get a slim tower for one...

Dell inspiron drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Where can I get audio drivers for dell inspiron 510m?I have searched through the net but can't find them.

View more questions Search