Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtricar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 05:00 PM
    14 inch rough in toilet
    "on a 14 inch rough in toilet does the whole toilet come back or is the toilet back just wider or deeper ?"
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 05:35 PM
    The toilet is deeper, 13+" from the back of the tank to the center of the outlet horn. Do you have an older house? Very few baths are built with 14" today.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 06:00 PM

Hi Rtricar...

It depends on the toilet you purchase. Most 14" rough in toilets will have a toilet bowl that roughs in closer to the wall to make up for the extra depth needed.

Some manufacturers, however, are now making the toilet bowl the same and then you purchase the slim tank for a 10" rough in, the normal tank for a 12" rough in, or the deep tank for a 14" rough in toilet. I believe Kohler and American standard both have this option if needed.

Questions? Let us know, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 inch rough in toilet needs to be replaced [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to change out an 8 in. rough in toilet with a newer toilet with the 10 to 12 in. rough ins without breaking the slab?

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in [ 5 Answers ]

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in? Most toilets have 12 to 14 inch rough in. My walls and floor are both tiled. So it is difficult to move or break wall.

Need to replace toilet, rough-in 20" from the wall, toilet has four mounting holes [ 3 Answers ]

In a nutshell, we need to replace our existing toilet. However, the toilet has a rough-in of about 20"+ to the closet flange and the toilet has four mounting holes on the base. The toilet is connected to the closet flange via the front two holes (and nothing in the back two holes). I bought the...

9 inch rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling an older home the original owners put an addition on that included a half bath in the new utility room. The rough opening from the sheetrock to the center of the flange is 9 inches without chipping concrete out and putting in an offset. Is there anything else I can do to...

View more questions Search