Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davlyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Do you pay inheritance tax/incom tax on a living trust?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 05:13 PM

The answer is maybe. And here is why. If you create a living trust and your still alive. Then you are responsible for paying the taxes (income tax) of the trust. If the value of the trust is above the minimum value for taxation when it goes into dispersal usually the trust pays it at that time then the funds / property are dispersed.

Also if you are creating one then it would be best to use a lawyer that has specific knowlage of trust accounts and there are 2 types of living trust.

1) Revocable

2) non-Revocable

There is a huge difference between the two of them so please seek legal aid if your considering making a trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trust Fund Inheritance Tax in Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

I've inherited a trust fund. Do I have to pay any federal or state of Illinois taxes?

Are s.s. Savings bond tax exempt through living trust [ 2 Answers ]

I received some u.s. savings bonds through my mothers living trust are they tax exempt since they were part of the estate that was exempt from taxes? The bonds are very old and most of the value is in the interest.

Inheritance tax.trust as pass through entity? [ 13 Answers ]

this may be a bit lentghy, please bare with me. This is far from being the average inheritance question.:confused: in 2003 my father in law passed away, before his death, he set up a trust for probate purposes, there was a will leaving his five children the beneficiaries of the trust/estate....

View more questions Search