Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monocool Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
    Character Names For a Novel?
    My characters are an irish businessman/father at 50 years, a 28 year old male, unemployed/ drinks frequently (part Irish/Aussie), two 16 year olds male + female (male is Australian) (female is part Irish/Aussie). A 201 year old female, unemployed/australian. Two 3 year old twins, male/female- both Australian.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 04:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by monocool
    my characters are ... A 201 year old female, unemployed/australian ...
    I love the thought of a 201 y/o character in this book! Wow! The story arcs that can develop from that have amazing possibilities!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 03:13 PM

Check out the most popular names for babies in the years your characters were born, and pick one that sounds right. You can also get lists of the most common surnames for different countries or ethnic groups.

For your 50 year old Irishman, you might have a name like James, Michael, Robert, John, David, William etc. If he's from around Dublin, Byrne is a common surname, or Reilly or Daly if he's from the midlands.

Feb 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    OK, but I need a name for her

Feb 22, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Comment on Eileen G's post
    Thanks. I might use Robert Daly, sounds OK?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 22, 2011, 04:14 PM

Bindi.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 05:55 PM

Robert Daly sounds good, Irish but not stage Irish. I'm so sick of Paddy Murphy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need character names for a story [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Any advice on how to choose character names for a story? Character one is a very pretty, young idealistic recent college graduate. She is a classy person for one so young. I am thinking of Victoria, Christina, or Cynthia. Victoria Principal or Victoria Jackson would work, but they are...

I'm trying to find a book that I forgot the character names, and the title. [ 0 Answers ]

Im trying to find a book that I forgot the character names, and the title. I only have description. A man owns a zoo or nature preserve with lions and other animals. The man leaves and leaves his son in charge for a while. They have pet lions, but all of a sudden, they are being shot at, for no...

Land before time character names? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the names of the "land before time" movie??

Character names [ 2 Answers ]

I need help creating names for different characters in a story. I need five names appropriate for the 16th century. Male or female, it doesn't matter. Also, with thoe names I need a short description describing their personality

View more questions Search