Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjn682 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Loading Programs into Windows ME
    Hi

I am trying to load the netgear program for usb wireless network card "wg111v2" and had the following happen:

1. It froze the computer and had to reboot
    2. The program would not run when double clicked.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Rajen
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Sorry to say, but I'm really not surprised.
    Win ME is the WORSET OS that Micro$oft has ever made.

You didn't mention if this was for a desktop or laptop.
    If is a desktop system have you thought about getting a wireless network card.
    They are quite cheap and very easy to install and use. They also don't need as many drivers as a USB device.
    Win 9X & ME do have know problems with USB devices, this maybe one of them.

What spec is this machine as an upgrade to XP may be a possibility, will resolve most of tyour issues.
    Also when did you last re-install the OS and do some serious maintenance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

System reboots on start of windows XP loading [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When ever I try to switch on my computer it starts booting and on loading windows XP screen the system reboots and then displays a message that there was a problem and asks few option on how to boot such as 1) safe mode 2) with last known congfiguration 3) normal mode etc. Even after...

Windows XP won't finish loading [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running Windows XP media center. When I start the computer up everything looks great but either nothing happens when I click on the start menu or icons or I get the hourglass that dosen't go away. Control, alternate, delete will not work either so I can't see what processes are running and...

Some windows and programs close right after opening [ 5 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:25:44 μμ, on 13/1/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 SP2 (7.00.5346.0005) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe...

Loading windows 98se [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am tying to load windows 98se after I fdisk and format the PC. The cd loads and starts installing 98se but it gets to a certain point and the PC goes to a blue screen and stops installing. I thought it was the hard drive so I put a new one in and it did the same thing

View more questions Search