Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbryant4109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Connecting piece to t-bar with no copper pipe left
    The nut connected to the hot water shut off valve was stripped. I cut that piece off and brought a shark piece to stop the water flow. My plan was to disconnect the dishwaster and use that side. The shark did not work and I could not get it off. I cut it off which left me with just the t-bar. I have no copper pipe left or compression fitting. Is there a way to connect a new compression fitting to the t-bar or new pipe to the t-bar? There are no threads either. Thanks if you can help! I am truly a novice.

Dawn
    dbryant4109 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Hi all:

I figured out how to fix it. I cut the T-bar off which gave me about 2 inches of copper piping that came from the wall. To that I attached a 1/2" Compression that had a 3/8" Multi-Turn Dual Outlet Valve. I was able to reconnect the dishwasher and hot water line hoses.
    Peace to all; hope this helps someone else who may run into this problem.

Dawn
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 02:39 PM

HI Dawn...

Good for you. Sorry we didn't respond earlier... ;)

We are all just volunteers and seems we don't always get to each question as fast as people need us!

Thanks for taking the time to pop in and let us know how you made out!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting ABS to copper waste pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have to tie in a 3" ABS line to a vertical copper 3" stack. How do I make the connection? Regular sanitary tee is much too large. Is there a special tee that allows making a secure connection?

Connecting 3" copper pipe with 3" plastic pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My father needs to replace an existing 3" copper bathroom drain with new 3" plastic... How does connect the existing 3" copper with the new plastic?

Connecting 2" copper pipe to 2" PVC [ 9 Answers ]

I want to add a PVC standpipe for the washing machine and have the 2" PVC trap drain into an existing 2" copper DWV pipe. Would like to tap into the copper DWV pipe by cutting out a segment and putting in a PVC sanitary tee. I was hoping to use a shielded coupling to connect the top and bottom...

Connecting steel to copper pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Broken steel 1/2 inch supply line. Need to replace section that is in a wall cavity.Can the steel pipe be cut and some sort of union or compression fitting be used to connect it to new copper piping without having to thread the existing steel pipe in wall?I do not see a way in wich you could thread...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search