Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcd061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure
    I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am thinking that there must have been sediment and rocks that got into the line as I know they kept trying to keep the muddy water from going back in the line becaues the ground was so saturated. Where do I begin to check/clean out, would it be at the pressure release valve? Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
    Before you start taking apart your house you should call the city. Tell them exactly what happened. They can confirm/deny proper watyer pressure after your meter. This way you are making sure you have proper incoming pressure. In the meantime try your outside faucet and see if it has good pressure.
    kcd061 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 02:22 PM
    The city already came by (I called them back the next day) and said the meter is on fully and there must be debris in the system and that I should check the P/R valve. The outside is OK but I can't really tell if it is normal for what it was prior.
    GAPLUMBER2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcd061
    I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am thinking that there must have been sediment and rocks that got into the line as I know they kept trying to keep the muddy water from going back in the line becaues the ground was so saturated. Where do I begin to check/clean out, would it be at the pressure release valve? Thanks!
    The outside muddy water cannot enter the pipe once the line is pressurized. The screen in your pressure regulator is most likely clogged, possibly can be cleaned or most likely needs to be replaced. Do you have a faucet on the front of the house before the regulator, to check the volume of the flow? Possibly the line from the street is kinked.
    Mike,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden loss of hot water pressure in entire house [ 13 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a sudden loss of hot water pressure in entire house (all showers, washing machine, sinks, etc.) Nothing has been touched or replaced. We have a well and our 50 gallon hot water heater is new - installed Sept. 2003. I have been reading this could be 'air pressure' related but...

Sudden drop in water pressure- entire house affected. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys (and gals), I own a 2 story house that was built in 1982 or so. We are on a well and have poly butylene pipes w/ copper fittings. We have lived in the home for about 8 months, and the water pressure has always been pretty good if only one outlet was being used, but if you ran both...

Low hot water pressure - entire house [ 2 Answers ]

I've read many of the other posts, and I'm somewhat re-assured that I'm not the only one having problems with hot water pressure. For confirmation, here's my problem: I have a standard gas hot water heater in my basement; throughout the entire house my hot water pressure has recently dropped...

Very Low Hot Water Pressure in entire house [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: Please Help!! I have very very low hot water pressure in my whole house. I have flushed out my hot water heater and it came gushing out clear from the bottom of my hot water heater. I had a friend’s Dad come over and he tried something things to rule out possibilities. He took the...

Low hot water pressure entire house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. We have 3 yr old house/ boiler and have noticed recently an overall drop in our hot water pressure. We have a thermo dynamics oil fed boiler(no hot water tank). Could our heating coil be getting "crudded up" w/ mineral deposits like a hot water heater? How do we test or...

View more questions Search