Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brennie28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2011, 12:10 AM
    My husband died and collected SSD, how do I file our taxes
    My husband passed away Sept 30th. He collected social security disability. They did not send anything indicating how much he collected this year for me to file our taxes with. Can I still file joint this year? If so, how do I get the amount he collected to file with?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Yes, you can still file jointly, but you must note the date of his death on the txa return.

Call the Social Security Administration and ask that they re-issue the Form 1099-SSA for him to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have an ITIN # and I file taxes with my husband [ 4 Answers ]

When I went to E-File with my husband when he put in my ITIN # it took a substantial amount of money from the return does anyone know why this would happen? Please help very important thank you

Would it be better for me to file my taxes by myself than with my husband? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband gets a check every month from is work due to a disablity. No taxes taken out of his check. I heard I would be better off to file my taxes separterly from my husband. Would it be better for me?

My spouse died in 2009 how do I file my taxes [ 6 Answers ]

My wife passed away in 2009 how do I fill out the 2009 taxes are we still married filling jointly? Do I still put her name and income in?

My Husband Died Can I File His Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

:( hello my husband drove truck and i didn't work much this year because i rode with him a lot but he was killed in his truck a few months ago last year we filed together can i file the taxes this year?:confused:

View more questions Search