Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gastoniko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Dwwin.exe
    Every time I shut down my computer, it tells me that "dwwin.exe" could not started. Does anyone know why it is doing this and how can I fix that?
    Thank you and have a great day.
    Gastoniko
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Dwwin.exe is a part of the Microsoft Doctor Watson error reporting tool which comes packaged with some Microsoft products. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer. So something is causing it not to load. Do a search to see if it was accidentally deleted. If its not found you may have to run a repair or a Restore of your system.
    mwrobleski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Dr. Watson is a very old programmer’s utility used back when Windows began. It does not need to be on for any regular computer user.

This is an easier way to disable it.

-From the Start menu click on Run, type in: drwtsn32.exe

-Clear all check marks from Options boxes.

This will disable Dr. Watson from running.

Reboot… and ENJOY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

Dwwin.exe error after Amazon log-in [ 2 Answers ]

This is a weird one also concerning dwwin.exe. This ONLY happens when I have logged into Amazon.ca. To be clear, if I go to Amazon to look around, it's fine, and it's fine with any other website - but if I LOG In to my Amazon account, then when I log off my computer (I'm using Windows XP) here's...

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Dwwin.exe - Dll Initialization Failed

Netscape / dwwin.exe [ 1 Answers ]

When I launch Netscape get message "Error - The program must close to allow a previious installation attempt to complete. Please Restart" On logout get message "dwwin.exe DLL initilization failed The initilization failed becauqe the windows station is shutting down." Windows XP, HP...

Dwwin.exe error on shut down [ 2 Answers ]

I keep receiving an error when I try to log off... the error says it's in dwwin.exe can anyone tell me what's going on?

View more questions Search