Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate30 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 11:46 AM
    The human rights of a sex offender supersede the rights of young kids in an group
    Can you advise me ref a sex convicted sex offender being allowed to remain in a group that has a child protection policy.complaints have been made.from parents and adult members and have been ignored.the last coment from a senior person in charge of child policy the sex offender coulfd not be removed because his human rights may be infringed.wht about the protection of the children within.its clear scare tactics are at work,but I would as a mother like your advice.as I want to be certain my children or others are not at risk.what are my kids rights and what should I do as a mother.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2011, 11:55 AM

First, there is an issue of the level of sex offender. Not all people convicted of a sexual offense are a danger to children. Second, it depends on what state you are in. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. So restrictions on registered sex offenders varies.

Finally, I'm not sure what you mean by a group. Also what is the child protection policy. It could be that this person is never put into a position where he can harm a child.

Feb 20, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Sexual assault/gross indecency on minors while the person was responsible for their care.still on sex offender register.I as a mother would like to know what I should do,its clear its not being addresssed.I was advised to involve s.services.surely it's a legal requirement to investigate complaints of this nature esp when the association/organisation has children within.do I need to seek details of the policy etc.its northern irelamnd uk law

Feb 20, 2011, 04:42 PM

You didn't identify what you mean by a group. Or what this policy that you referred to is.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kate30 View Post
    ... the last coment from a senior person in charge of child policy the sex offender coulfd not be removed because his human rights ...
    This senior person either doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about or is intentionally pulling the wool over your eyes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 07:49 PM

So withdraw child from the "group" for their protection and sue the "group" for this

Feb 22, 2011, 04:27 AM
    One lawyer says I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes,and another say take the child out,can you advice how I approach the matter,do I do in letter form or get solicitor to do.

Feb 22, 2011, 04:38 AM

First, you still haven't explained what this group is.
    This site lists rules about monitoring sex offenders:
    Monitoring sex offenders in Ireland

Since this info is not made public, I'm wondering how you know about his status. But it's clear that the intent of the law is to prevent such offenders from repeating their crimes and interacting with potential victims. So, it would appear that the comment about human rights is not accurate.

If you are concerned about this person's involvement then you pull your child out. You get all the parents to pull their children out. You shouldn't have to explain why.
    So, why would you need a letter from a solicitor?

I can't help but feel that you are leaving something out here.

Feb 22, 2011, 04:58 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    I've been told by the association that the sex offender would have human rights hence failure to remove the individual,that was the question I wanted answered,I alos ask what way I should approach,i.e. should I contact my legal adviser or indeed remove them,surely if I have to do this my children loose out and the offender still remains.this is why I ask should I send letter to leaders.as for info ,the matter was and is public knowledge of his crimes,evryone talks about it .it was covered with the maedia at all levels.

Feb 22, 2011, 06:39 AM

And yet again you don't explain what group this is. Why are you refusing to include this.

I believe your questions have been answered however.

Feb 22, 2011, 07:24 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    The group is the orange order,also the ireland web page u directed me to don't cover r legal system we are northern ireland,u.k.british keagal system,your advice has been very helpful

Feb 22, 2011, 07:54 AM

Sorry about that, being a "colonial" ;) I'm not clear on the nuances. Can you explain more what the Orange Order is?

Feb 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
    It's a marching institution,its invovled in communities,they have meetings and parades to commemorate historical anniversaries.there are children in the order.they organise events of all types.

Feb 22, 2011, 10:22 AM

Ok, so there is no requirement that the children be a part of it. So, I would organize the parents. Have them tell the organizers that you don't think that someone with his record belongs anywhere near children. And if he is allowed to continue, you all will pull out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a child sex offender live w/kids that aren't his while on probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently in a bad relationship, and I happen to be pregnant with his child. I really want to leave him for this guy that I have known for over 3 years. But he is a child sex offender who is on probation (this all went down about 7 years ago, but it was settled about 2 years ago). It was...

Human Rights [ 43 Answers ]

Various countries behave differently. What I place before you is a non american issue and yet I think you might have many parallels. For the past few weeks there have been people who have been variously described as refugees, asylum seekers, economic migrants, even terrorists occupying boats...

Where is Obama on human rights? [ 8 Answers ]

"BEIJING – Nine men have been executed for taking part in ethnic rioting that left nearly 200 people dead in July, the first suspects put to death in the unrest, Chinese state media reported Monday....'We don't think they got a fair trial, and we believe this was a political verdict,' said Raxit,...

Youth and Social Work in regards to human rights and rights of the child [ 4 Answers ]

I have had to research two documents out of 4 and explain from these documents how both these documents work with clients in a fair just humane and positive manner? The two documents that I have studied are The universal declarationof human rights and the un convention on the rights of the child: ...

Husband is sex offender wanting to see his kids. [ 51 Answers ]

My husband is corrently in prison as a sex offender. The victim was my dauther his stepdauther. My three dauther's and I have forgave him for what he did. He has repeatly asked my dauther the (victim) to forgive him for what he did. My dauther(victim) cried because she said that she wants her...

View more questions Search