Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaas123 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 03:11 AM
    USB Stick not working
    Well, it was working OK yesterday but I plugged it into my laptop an hour ago and it doesn't light up and/or pop up on my screen to say that it has detected a new device. I have tried it on three other laptops and it doesn't work. I really need to know how to get it working again or to know how to retrieve the files which are saved on the memeory stick. Please help!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 08:29 AM

Have you tried blowing it out with canned air? Sometimes debris can get inside and caus you to lose connection. Make sure it is clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Memory stick Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I run Windows XP Home. I am trying to install a USB Memory stick. The computer identifies the new hardware when it is plugged and the setup wizard starts running but it is continually flashing which means you cannot complete the installation process. Any ideas? The memory stick is fine as it has...

Formatting My USB Stick [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know a question about formatting in general. I never format a removable storage device. So my question is: Would it help if I formatted all my usb sticks? And how would it help? I'm asking this because I lent my brother a usb stick a few days ago. After he plugged it into his...

USB Memory stick [ 3 Answers ]

I've used up two-thirds of my USB memory stick, but now it does not allow me to add more. The window says something about a write-on protection which I have to lift, but which I cannot find. Thanks.

USB stick is not working anymore [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Before 2 month I bought USB Stick Sony MicroVault 2GB USM-J. It was normaly working. I never had any problems with stick on any operating system on different computers ( specially XP, and vista). Yesterday I copied large file and remove disk after several minutes. 10 hours later I...

USB stick not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

When I connect any USB stick to my PC , first it seems to be detected but afterwards a message 'Found new hardware' pops up, trying to recognize the stick but in vain. So?!

View more questions Search