Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diamonds567 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Using the Kitchen taps only there is warm water coming out of the cold water taps?
    Good Morning:
    There is warm water coming out of my Kitchen taps when using the cold water tap, & how do you fix this

Sincerely:

Marj
    rojo1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 6

Feb 18, 2011, 11:55 PM
    This is a classic bleedover. The hot water is bleeding into the cold side either through a faulty mixer
    Or faucet assembly. Try shutting the hot water off under the sink and check it again. If you no longer get hot out of the cold side your faucet\mixer is to blame.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 19, 2011, 06:56 AM

Single or two handle faucet (tap)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very hot water coming from the cold taps [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 18 month old Vaillant ecotec 831 combi boiler and I'm getting very hot water out of the cold taps in the bathroom but not the kitchen. The pressure is high too, around 2.5 bar. The cold water supply seems to be different for the bathroom versus the kitchen; I can turn off the cold...

Only warm water from bathroom sink taps but hot water from bath tub tap [ 0 Answers ]

I get hot water from kitchen sink tap and from bath tub tap but only warm water from sink taps in both bathrooms.If I turn on the bath tub tap the warm water at sink taps will get hot but only if I turn on the bath tub hot water tap.The only change that I made was to move the water heater from the...

Warm water from cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

We have warm water coming out of our cold water taps for about 10 seconds. Happens in all the taps. Sometimes run out of hot water after 1 or two loads of laundry. We've had the hot water tank checked and they say the tank is fine, but it's a splitter on one of our single handle faucets. All but...

Hot water coming out of Cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

We just had our master bath remodeled. We had a new tub faucet put in, new shower head and handle, and tile. After the plumber installed the bathtub faucet and the shower assembly we noticed that our cold water taps in our dual vanity sink and the tub now run hot water for about a minute then...

Upstairs shower gives only cold water when kitchen taps are used [ 3 Answers ]

I've a shower upstairs (loft converted into room), and it gives either very cold water or no water when we use kitchen/bathroom taps. When no other tap is used, it does seem to work OK. I don't know anything about plumbing. Help me how can I get rid of this problem. Thanks Uma

View more questions Search