Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Feb 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Plumbing for under the sink
    My renter apparently tried to fix the sink but only made it worse (and then he left in the middle of the night). Anyway, the center tube is running from the faucet to the spray nozzle and it keeps leaking. It has a washer and plumbing tape and is screwed in tightly. It's leaking at the top where it's screwed in but I can't tell if it's coming from the above or below the bolt. My main questions are does it look like any parts are missing? Do you think I just have a bad/cheap hose?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 08:19 AM

I don't see any missing parts that would cayuse the leak but the mechanical attachment that holds to sprayer to the sink isn't there, what holds it in place? If tightening the brass nut further does not help then replace that tube.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2011, 09:13 PM

You might have over-tightened it. This cuts the O-ring. No plumber's tape is used in this situation. Take it apart, check the O-ring and reinstall. Careful when tightening up...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

Under bathroom sink where the drain pipe meets the excutcheon/slip nut/washer it is leaking badly. Also there is long metal thin bar there that goes to the knob you pull up to plug drain or down to unplug, that is bent is it suppose to be and badly rusted Thank you all for taking time to read...

Plumbing in the kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning! I was soaking a mayonaise jar that was full of water. The jar accidentally rolled off the edge of the sink, and is upside down in the drain/garbage disposal. The top part of the jar is still sticking up, however I can't get my hands around the edges to pull it our of the drain. Can...

Sink plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Kitchen sink drains slowly. It has a sure vent on drain. Is the slow draining related to possibly a faulty sure vent?

Plumbing - 1st floor sink backs up in sink below [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1st floor kitchen sink directly above a basement sink. When the 1st floor sink is full, it drains quickly and backs up in the sink below - which then drains relatively quickly. No other problems here - the dishwasher drains fine, general use is fine - it's only when there's a full sink of...

View more questions Search