Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eastla Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 10:56 PM
    Bail
    If bail is set at 35,000 I know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case? I'm being told there is a bailbonds that will take 1,500 instead of 3,500 and I find that hard to believe. This info did not come from bondsmen as case is in Ohio and I live in Maryland.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 05:43 AM

Typically NO. Because if the person posting the bail gets off so easy... there is little financial incentive for them to make sure the bailed out person actually shows up to court. And Bail Boding is a risk management business. Got to be enough of a return for the risk to be worth making.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eastla View Post
    if bail is set at 35,000 i know the standard is 10% but do bail bonds take less in any case?
    Hello e:

10% is their standard fee, but I'm sure it can be negotiated on a case by case basis.

excon
    Jeff Downer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
    The amount of the bail bond premium is regulated state by state and will vary. Some states will allow premium payments to be made on credit while other states require the 10% to be paid in full before the bond can be posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bail Bondsman [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone describe the processes involved in becoming a bail-bondsman, running the bail-bonds business and so on? I have contacted the Department of Insurance in the state I wish to find out about. However, I was unable to talk to a human being, it was all done in recordings and menus, and I...

Bail money [ 3 Answers ]

If you are in jail and the charges get dropped do you still have to pay bail

Difference between OR and Bail [ 7 Answers ]

What determines if a suspect is either released on bail or his "Own Recognizance"? Also, what determines whether a person is jailed vs just ticketed for a misdemeanor?

Can I take my bail back? [ 1 Answers ]

I paid bail for someone that will not pay me back. Can I go back to the police station and get my bail back?

How does bail work [ 4 Answers ]

Please explain how bail works. I need to get someone out of jail who has a $10,000 bail. How much will this actually cost me?

View more questions Search