Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjaydee Posts: 21, Reputation: 8

Feb 18, 2011, 07:23 AM
    My goodness! I know you were the first to say I needed a signature, and then tell me it was silliness. What my question related to was how to deal with the other party if they made themselves unavailable to me; gathering a signature would have been possible only if they were cooperating. I appreciated all the advice but not being told I didn't know what to do. I did read the terms of service, and then I stated simply how I felt your answer was rude and then why. I am a new member, yes, and certainly don't pretend to understand how online communities work. I did come to this community hoping for help and in trying to clarify why I felt at a loss in this situation, you reiterated a solution that wouldn't have worked in my case and then told me I didn't understand what to do. All I meant to say was "Yeah, I don't know what to do, I'm on an advice forum". The ToS allows me to explain why I gave an "unhelpful" review, and I did.

I certainly don't mean to ruin your "rep", just give feedback on an impression someone coming for advice received.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 07:31 AM

You didn't ruin my rep, I have enough stored up and reddies don't bother me if they are warranted. Smoothy explained the whys of using the rep feature. I think you probably noticed.

My comment about 'silliness' wasn't directed at your question, it was directed at your predicament. I thought you would have noticed that, and you did comment after that post favourably. So why the about face after thanking me for my input?

One has to be mature enough to rise above negative comments on this board, so if you can't stand the heat, get away from the furnace.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 08:10 AM

I have an idea that OP's lack of maturity is contributing to his problem. A 22 item discussion about a used mattress?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    A 22 item discussion about a used mattress?
    Hello Judy:

That's what this is about?? Proly got bedbugs and cumstains... (I'm out of greenies)

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 08:16 AM

Yes - who wants a mattress that a couple, umm, slept on returned to them.

Bedbugs might be the least of the concerns.
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 08:28 AM

Definite yuck factor for me too. Borrowing a used mattress is kind of like borrowing someone's used under pants and wearing them right away. I would rather sleep on the floor then borrow something like that. Maybe we should just have told him to leave it in the driveway so it could have gotten rained on or something, double yuck factor. A wet mattress.

Tick
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Judy:

That's what this is about??? Proly got bedbugs and cumstains... (I'm outta greenies)

excon
    Exxy, you do have a way with words :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Judy:

That's what this is about??? Proly got bedbugs and cumstains... (I'm outta greenies)

excon
    Considering the number of people that I've seen over the years that never heard of what a mattress pad is or worse... bedsheets... that can seriously up the ick factor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An item that cost $90 is sold for $120. The gross profit ratio for this item is? [ 2 Answers ]

an item that cost $90 is sold for $120... the gross profit ratio for this item is? I understand that GP = revenue - cost of goods sold

Changing text of a listbox item to match item above [ 1 Answers ]

I need this code to be able to take the time out of an item in a list box and replace the time of the item under. The code then needs to take the time in brackets at the end of the item and add it to the end of that time also. e.g. this program is meant to be used for a bakery to tell them what...

Is there anyway to prove someone was ocupying an apartment I am being sued for? [ 4 Answers ]

I left an apartment before the lease was up, I know someone was living there only months after I left but they are sueing me for the whole year. They can't get paid for an apartment they are already renting out. Is there anyway I can find out for a fact (it has to hold up in court) that they rented...

View more questions Search