Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstatjana Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 06:37 AM
    Why is my daughter keeping urin in a cup in her room she is 14
    I found in my daughters room urin on several ocations. Today I found rice in a plastic container with urin. She is 14 and I do not understand that what is going on with that can you help me. She is in to the dark closing and such
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2011, 06:39 AM

Have you asked her? If she is goth (or whatever that's called these days) it could be anything.

It is also unsanitary and it's your home.

Feb 17, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Yes she is goth I ask her and I don't understand that what do you think I can do about it and why they doing that

Feb 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Yes she told me she is gothik I just don't know what to do is there anything that I can do and also why they do that
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 07:10 AM

So, you asked her. What was her response?

What can you do? She is 14 and you are her mother. Tell her how unsanitary this is and don't allow it to happen.

Feb 17, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I told her and she is still doing it so I like to know why she dose it is that something Goth do and why I don't know anything about goth and if you do know anything let me know that is something I could work with and target her problem
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 07:18 AM

That is very odd. You should ask her to stop if it bothers you which I am sure it does.

Feb 17, 2011, 07:26 AM
    I did and that is still a going on thing she is not stopping it. Today I found rice in a plastic container and there was a red licquit and it was urin and I don't know what else I don't understand that I think she is in to gothik stuff and I would like to get more info on that to stop it
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 07:39 AM

Did she tell you why she does it? Please tell us.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 07:42 AM

I can't find anything about it. I am sorry. I am kind of intrigued as to why but I can't find anything about gothis rituals or anything like that.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 07:46 AM

I bet if you took her bedroom door off, this behavior would stop. You might want to consider counseling for her as well.

Feb 17, 2011, 07:55 AM
    No she does not tell me she gets embarrassing about it and mad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 08:08 AM

As I Googled, I found this site that links goth behavior with Satanism. Does she cut herself or not keep herself clean? Is she perhaps dabbling in Satanism? --

KNOWING THE WARNING SIGNS
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 08:09 AM

I thought counseling would be a good thing as well.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 08:10 AM
    You need to research Goth culture, traditions, and practises.

Drinking one's own urine, is something they do, among other things.

I would be more concerned with the fact that she is practising any rituals associated with this culture. Just my opinion here, but her having a cup of urine in her room, is the least of your worries.

There are extreme's to any activity that teen's do, from drinking to sex, to experimenting with Goth culture. You may never understand all the why's, but you should be aware of her activities within this culture of goth friends that she has.

Like anything else, there should be rules, boundaries, discipline, and consequences to any behaviour with a 14 year old. If anything, because they are experimenting with different things at this age, you need to know what she's doing as best you can, and like anybody else with teenagers, you have to parent.

Who she hangs out with, where she goes, what she does. Changes in physical health, failing grades in school, etc. Adding her being Goth doesn't change the fact that she's 14 years old, and you call the shots.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 08:11 AM

Definitely counseling. Just the weird, secret, maybe ritualistic activities alone are screaming "I need help."
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2011, 09:03 AM

Out of greenies - but, yes, drinking you own urine is part of the goth culture in my area.

I think I said it from the beginning - she's a child. The OP is the mother. Who is in charge here?

And, yes, counselling.
    Tracyright Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Well may think I really got troubles - but am always keeping 1 or 2 glasses under my bed,when I find it difficult to go to the toilet and pee, especially at night... hun I think its due to a fright...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 11:10 AM

So you make her change, first she can not wear any clothing you don't allow her to have, so no dark black clothing, period, throw hers out.

She has no cell phone, no iPod not computer usage that is not in common area and is grounded for now, till she follows the rules.

Who is the parent and who is the child, come on get real here, a child does what they are told

And counseling since some of the behavior is beyond strange to harmful
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2011, 12:16 PM

Just another thought, but is it possible she is doing an experiment of some kind?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keeping a heated utility room in a winterized house [ 5 Answers ]

Well this is my first time here so hopefully I'm in the right category. We have a 2nd home in NH that we've been winterizing for the past years due to the high heating costs in the winter. Now we are planning on replacing the wooden crawl space/basement with a poured cement foundation for...

Keeping room above warm [ 6 Answers ]

What can I do to keep the rooms above the garage warm?:confused:

What are my chances of keeping my daughter? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter, my boyfriend, and myself all live together currently in Michigan. I am thinking of leaving him but in the past he has told me that if I leave him his mom and dad will pay for lawyers and I will lose my daughter.. I Don't WANT TO LOSE HER. I am a stay at home mom and have been since my...

Keeping living room/floor above a garage warm [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. I live in a house where the living room is directly above a garage with a new insulate garage door. The living room floor is insulated. However on really cold days the air infiltration through the floor above the garage is ridiculous. What can I do to better isolate that space above...

My 17 year old daughter is very confused about her keeping the baby or not [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I Have A 17 Year Old Daughter Who Has Moved In With He Boyfriend And Now She Is Pregnant. Her Boyfriend Doesn't Want The Baby And Tells Her That If She Has The Baby He Is Going To Leave Her. He Wants For Her To Get An Abortion. She Doesn't Want To Get An Abortion. She Wants To Keep The Baby. But...

View more questions Search