Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn1209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 03:58 AM
    There's a nasty smell when I turn on 2 particular light on upstairs..
    It's only in my room and my daughters room, every other light fitting in the house is fine.. It's not a burning smell, it's just horrible. A bit like the foul smell of a nicotine patch (if you've ever smelled one). At first I thought it might be a dead rat or something in the loft but after 2 years I would have thought it would have dried up and gone by now. Can anyone identify the problem please? Ta very much :-)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2011, 06:34 AM

You may want to play it safe... if it only occurs when those two lights are turned on... get an electrician out there and check it out. You can have a number of odd smells are the results of wiring getting hot.

But you want to be 110% certain its not electrical in nature BEFORE you pursue the other possibilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer smell in upstairs and downstairs bathroom sink when first turn water on. [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new construction home last November that was on the market for over two years. When you first run water in the morning in both the upstairs and downstairs bathroom sinks a horrible sewer smell comes out of the drain but eventually goes away. The plumber was not able to determine the...

Sewer smell in upstairs room [ 1 Answers ]

When ever either shower is used in upstairs bathrooms (they are side by side rooms), the bedroom next to one of the baths smells of sewer gas (septic tank).Also that area over the room in the attic smells of the gas.Below these bathrooms is the laundry room and the same results happens when the...

Nasty smell coming from our master bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a trailer about a year ago and now that's its getting nice out we get this really bad smell from our master bathroom espically when it gets hot. We have two sperate sinks and a shower witch we use all 3 all the time we also have a big tub in the corner of the bathroom that we only...

Nasty smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been leaving with a nasty sewage smell in my bathroom for the past two weeks. It is a smell isolated to my master bathroom, but that is so strong it will move the smell to my bedroom and at certain times of the night, my family room. The second bathroom is fine.when it first...

View more questions Search