Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jay6singer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 03:37 AM
    Do you know this old animated movie?
    There was an old movie that had the 1970s style animation (maybe British) that I have looked for ever since I first saw it. The animation was kind of similar to "The Last Unicorn" or "Flight of Dragons."

I don't remember much of it, except for bits and pieces, but here's what I remember:

A man who has a daughter goes by a fortune teller on his was home, who reads his palm. When she looks at it, she sees he has 2 gold rings on his hand and says "I see... I see you are a widower." She then proceeds to go home with him. She also has a daughter, who goes as well. The woman then takes the mans second ring, and puts it on her finger, then proceeds to start taking over the house. I think the man may have been a brewer or something, but I just remember that he was drinking beer when he got home.

The man's daughter is very kind, and is always trying to help, while the fortune teller's Daughter is mean spirited. I don't remember exactly what happens for the next bit, until there's a scene where the nice daughter goes to a well to draw water. She sees something shining inside, and either is pushed in, or decides to dive in after it. However she ends up in the well, she swims down to the object, and touches it. She is then transported to another world (kind of an Alice in Wonderland type of feel) where she has to find her way threw a hedge maze, and has some other adventures I can't recall.

The next thing I remember was that her and the mean step sister (I don't remember how she ended up in the well) end up in front of an old woman who has many babies that she needs to feed, who are all crying. The mean one fusses until the nice daughter finally says she'll do it all, and then she sings a song while shoveling one mouth full of poridge (or something like it) into each child's mouth at the table. The mean sister then says she'll help (I think the old woman makes her) and she then scoops several spoonfuls into one child's mouth till the child throws up and cries. The nice daughter then explains how to burp them.

I don't really remember anything else about the movie, including any names or even how it ended, only that it was a favorite of mine (on VHS, probably in the late 80s), and that I haven't been able to identify it or find it since. I know I would recognize it if I saw a clip or any characters, but I don't remember the title. If anyone views this and knows what it is, PLEASE tell me, either here or at [email protected]

Thank you
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 09:05 AM

Once Upon a Time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown movie title- 80s/90s cartoon/animated movie about a dance? About 15 min long? [ 2 Answers ]

Gosh please help! I can't remember the title of it and my memory is hazy but it was like a really short cartoon movie, probably 15 minutes long and it was like a bunch of girls going to a dance. I think they were in a hurry like they were late. And there was something about a white convertible...

Can't remember movie Title! Children's Animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

All I can remember from this movie is that it was animated and there was a blimp and a parade and something evil sort of like a mysterious cloud I want to say was after the girl (main character) it's not Kiki's Delivery Service (cause that has a blimp 2) but I just can't remember!! Please Help! I'm...

Animated movie from 70/80 [ 1 Answers ]

First of all sorry for my bad english, I'm looking for an old animated film wich tells the story of a girl and her differents boyfriends during the 60´ and 70´, I can remember that one of them went to the vietnam war and when he returns he will take drugs or whatever... during the whole film u...

Fantasy Animated Movie about boy, title of movie is boy's name. [ 1 Answers ]

I can't really remember any details, so I will be amazed if anyone knows what I'm talking about... All I can remember is that the move is about a young boy, I watched the move on VHS around 1993. The movie is animated and I'm almost positive that the boy's name is the title of the movie. I'm not...

Looking for an animated movie [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a title of an animated movie I can't remember much of it, it's based on a classic book by Charles (since it won't let me write out his last name without censoring it, it's the author of oliver twist and david copperfield) One of the main characters is a dog who has a page boy hat...

View more questions Search