Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedsibling Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 08:22 PM
    My brother's wellbeing
    I live with my parents and my brother and sister. I am eighteen years old and am considering getting custody of my brother, but I don't graduate until June of this year. I have a part time job and upon graduation plan on getting a full time job until I decide to start college. My boyfriend, who is twenty two, has a full time job and makes a pretty decent salary. We are looking for a place to live, but have not found one yet.

My brother is almost fifteen years old. My parents are very mentally and physically abusive to him and have been since we were children. He is a problem child and has been in a lot of trouble. Right now they are considering putting him in a placement facility. I know that what he needs is to be away from my parents and I want to help him very much.

My brother likes the idea of getting away from our home, but I don't think my parents will sign over their rights. This means I will have to present my case in court and don't know if I qualify and have enough material to win this case. If you have any insight or helpful things about my situation please let me know.[F]
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2007, 05:48 AM
    If there is physical and emotional abuse. The cops, the legal system should have been brought in. Then there would have been reports and eventually if proven the abuse is going on then they would take him out of the home and hopefully then you would be able to make sure he is with you. At the same time it sounds like counseling is needed. That will be a condition as well.

Why are they only abusive towards him?

Joe
    concernedsibling Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 01:44 PM
    My sister and I have considered reporting the incidents many times, but never actually went through with it out of fear for ourselves and him. We even keep the number for children and youth under our beds. As for him only getting abused, we all use to be abused when we were children, but as my sister and I got older the abuse stopped, but continued for him and is still going on. I don't know if it is because he is a problem child or if it is because he gets into trouble with the law a lot. Thanks for your advice, but it seems that without reports of the incidents I am going to get nowhere with the matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What relationship is my wife's brother's wife to me? [ 2 Answers ]

What relationship is my wife's brother's wife to me?

View more questions Search