Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Omgkay Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Herpes
    My partner got tested for stds and came out negative so we have sex and it was very painful. The same night I went home I had yellow discharge so I thought it was a Yeats infection and I put on the cream and I got these bumps on my vigina lips and clitoris& some on my bum I think at first they didn't hurt and now there painful to sit and walk I went to the doctor an pee and he told me it's a bacteria infection and gave me pills. But I still have the bumps and I'm scared I could have herpes. I'm 14 and he was my only sex partner ever is it possible I can get a STD test by myself ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 01:38 PM

You got it from someone... you don't just catch them (STD's) from thin air.

And you had better get to the doctor and get tested for STD's ASAP.

And besides... pregnancy isn't the only thing to worry about. Herpes has no cure... and neither does AIDS.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 02:16 PM

1. how do you know "he" had a test ?
    Did he just tell you , guys lie if you did not know
    And next why did he have a test ?

But yes you need a test.

Feb 16, 2011, 03:22 PM

I saw the paper
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 04:31 PM

Is he 14 as well? Most 14 year olds shouldn't have to worry about STDs.

Feb 16, 2011, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Is he 14 as well? Most 14 year olds shouldn't have to worry about STDs.
    No he is older , & is it herpes ik not sure because the bumps don't look like herpes bumps from what I seen from pictures but my doctor didn't see it only thing is that I peed in a cup & he said I had a bacteria infection. Could it still be herpes
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 04:54 PM

You're not going to want to hear this, but it's the truth. This is why children shouldn't be having sex. You have no idea what the consequences are, and you aren't equipped to deal with them.

It's too late now. You need to see your doctor, tell him that you've had sex, and get tested for an STD.

I hope that this experience will make you realize that you're not ready for this.

Feb 16, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You're not going to want to hear this, but it's the truth. This is why children shouldn't be having sex. You have no idea what the consequences are, and you aren't equipped to deal with them.

It's too late now. You need to see your doctor, tell him that you've had sex, and get tested for an STD.

I hope that this experience will make you realize that you're not ready for this.
    Is it possible I can go get tested by myself
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 04:58 PM

Your doctor has to SEE them. This can't get diagnosed from only peeing in a cup.

How much older is this boy?

This could be something that will be with you for life. Did you hear me? LIFE! You could give it to other people, and, if you have it... could mean that you won't be able to have a baby vaginally. You will have to have surgery (Cesarean Section) to have a baby.

Stop playing like an adult until you ARE an adult. You are too young to deal with the consequences of sex.
    Pets Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 05:01 PM

You acted like an adult, so you have to face this like an adult.

You have to see your doctor, that's the only way to get a diagnosis. He didn't check for herpes if all you did was give a urine sample. Of course he probably didn't think he needed to check for an STD because of your age.

So you go back, you tell him that you've had sex, and you get tested.

If you get lucky and it's not an STD, you learn from this experience, and you wait until you're old enough to have sex. If you get unlucky and it is herpes or another STD, then you live with it, because you have no choice.

Hard lesson to learn at 14.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgkay View Post
    is it possible I can go get tested by myself
    You are 14... a minor. Most places you would have to have a parent with you. And if you are smart... you would anyway. You don't know 10% of what you think you do... and practically none of what you need to know.

Feb 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
    Herpes
    Okay so I recently found out I have genital herpes and the man that gave it to me is acting like a dirt bag towards me because I won't see him or have sex with him. I'm so mad at him for giving it to me and yes I know for sure it's him because he's the only sex partner I had. Now I'm wondering should I tell him he gave me herpes or no and let someone else crush his feelings ? If I do tell him how because it's very hard for me to tell him that I'm scared he might think I'm lying and spread something about me. What should I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 18, 2011, 01:58 AM
    YOU should tell him, and tell him strongly and confidently and without fear.
    He knows he has it and he knows he gave it to you.
    There you are now, stuck for life because of him... and unprotected sex, but I won't lecture, except to say that now you have an obligation to tell anyone you might be thinking of having sex with.
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 02:44 AM

I have to disagree with you on one point Joy. There's no guarantee that he knows he has it. It very well could be that he has no idea. Too many people don't get tested, hoping it's something small and nothing to worry about.

It takes two to tango, you agreed to have sex without getting him checked out. You had unprotected sex, so now you're stuck for life with this disease.

It sucks, but that's why we're always cautioning people about sex, and responsibility. Tough lesson to learn, and you learned it the hard way.

Should you tell him? Yes, because he may not know he has it and he'll just end up spreading it to more people.

Feb 18, 2011, 06:10 AM

Okay I will tell him but just to point out one thing I haven't ever had unprotected sex with him. But Thanks for the help
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 18, 2011, 06:42 AM
    True, I assumed he knew just because he was so angry at OP (I figured all the women he gets it from won't have sex with him, and what kind of man gets angry anyway?)!
    And it's also true, I'm pretty sure, that you can get herpes even with protected sex, because the lesions can be all around the groin. I suppose this is yet another reason to really get to know someone well before having sex. A man willing to wait would be more likely to tell you what he knows. And you might even want to take a peek before you leap. During the height of the AIDS newness, women demanded a copy of a lab report first.
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 07:02 AM

You are a 14 year old child and now have to deal with the adult complications of having sex at such a young age. This will never go away and you will be on medication for the rest of your life.

Luckily though, it's just herpes and not HIV/AIDS.

Have you told your parents? The medication is quite expensive. How will you afford it?
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 09:24 AM

Whoa! Okay, I didn't check back. The OP is only 14?

Well, I guess you get to grow up really fast now. Herpes is forever.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 03:44 PM

Have you actually been diagnosed as having herpes?

If so, you are obligated to tell him... if not for him, than for the other people he may have sex with. He may or may not say anything to them, but at least you will know you did one responsible thing.
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 03:50 PM

Since the OP is 14, I'm left wondering how old the boy she contracted this from is.

Omgkay, how old is he?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herpes [ 5 Answers ]

Can you receive herpes from someone infected through smoking a cigarette behind them?

Herpes [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if my partner had a CANKER SORE and preformed oral sex on me (im a man) if I can get genital herpes. Thank you

Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get...

Do I have herpes [ 6 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend than. The next day I was sore. Than I broke out with blisters down there a couple days after. The doctor says its herpes but didn't take a swab test. Can someone please help me.

View more questions Search