Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venkatmechineni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 10:24 AM
    I work in company that 100 miles away from my home. How can I get Per-Diem?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 11:32 AM

Depending on your company's policy, they may pay you a per diem if you are working a temporary assignment in the field that is away from your regular work location and that requires you to stay overnight. This pay can be tax free to you if the assignment is temporary (intended to last less than 1 year). But there is no rule that a company must pay its employees a per diem. So talk to your boss or HR department and find out what the company policy is regarding per diem pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am losing 10 quart of oil within 100 miles [ 5 Answers ]

2000 Ford E350 7.3 I not sure were it goes? 10 quarts of oil 2 time now

Can I receive per diem if I am a resident of Alaska and work in SC where I own a home [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Alaska resident and I winter in SC where I own a home. I have been offered 6 months of contract work. I live in Alaska a miniumum of 7 months out of the year. Can I receive per diem in SC? My IRS return shows my residence as Alaska.

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

View more questions Search