Ask
    yankie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:37 AM
    If I am held in contempt and live in another state what can they do to me
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 07:38 AM

Hello y:

There's civil contempt and criminal contempt. If it's civil, there's nothing they can do. If it's criminal, they can extradite you.

excon
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yankie View Post
    If I am held in contempt and live in another state what can they do to me
    Please post your question only once. In your other question, you asked what would happen if you missed a contempt hearing in a divorce case - if you're the one seeking charges against the other party, they'll probably dismiss it. If you're the one the other party is seeking contempt against, they'll probably put out a warrant for your arrest for missing the hearing.

Either way, I'd take the time to show up if I were you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver's license from a state, live in another state, work in a different one [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved from MI to NYC but I will start work in NJ. Is the lease that I started for a place in NYC enough to prove my NY residency? Or do I have to also change my driver's license (which currently is from MI)? I am basically trying to figure out how to avoid having MI taxes still deducted...

Primary Residence - live/work in one state while family lives in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I jointly own a home in NY with my wife and this is our primary residence today. My wife is a home maker and does not go out for work. Recently I got a job with a company in Massachussettes. We decided to buy a condo near work in Massachussettes where I would live 4 days a week and come home to my...

Joint State taxes when I live in 1 state and wife lives in another [ 3 Answers ]

Presently I am living and working in NM. My wife and children are living in MA. My wife does not work. In order to get MA health Insurance I had to set my permanent address in MA for my company. I am now paying state taxes to both states. Should I be paying taxes in the state that I am not living...

Being Held in Contempt [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if the judge holds you in contempt for violating a court order? Please let me know asap.

Work and live in one state and paycheck comes from another state [ 2 Answers ]

I receive my paycheck from PA but do not live or work in that state yet. May relocate soon. Should they be deducting PA taxes from my check?

View more questions Search