Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarinacloutier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
    My kitten has worms
    I can't find any over the counter de-wormers for kittens under 6 months and don't have the $$money$$ to take little ANNA to the Vet
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jan 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Hello Sarina,

Your kitten needs to be wormed at least 3-4 times a year and the most reliable and effective treatments are from the vet.

Obtaining a worming treatment from your vet should not be too expensive. Contact him/her and explain the problem and your situation. Most vets are very sympathetic and obviously have your pets welfare at heart. If you cannot afford to pay for the treatment immediately I feel sure your vet will allow you to pay them back in instalments.

You kitten is suffering and needs to be wormed as soon as possible and to avoid any other possible problems or complications.

For more information about worms in felines please click the link below:

Gastrointestinal Parasites in Cats

It is also time the your kittens vaccinations to start.

It would be a good idea to ask the vet to give your kitten a health check and talk to them about spaying/neutering when he/she is old enough.

Although it can be costly at the vet, unfortunately this is part and parcel of keeping a pet and arrangements must be made to be able to cover these costs if or when they occur. My advice must also be to seriously consider getting pet insurance to cover any very expensive problems.

Please let us know how things go.

Good luck.

Cy
    (Poseidon)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kitten has worms/ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

:-/ Hi! I have an 8 week old female kitten who was born in a rabbit barn (so I was told). When we went to pick her up I noticed her brother and an older cat were absolutely ravenous. I brought in 3 packets of the kitten food I bought for (now named) my Lacey. They went crazy trying to get at...

Worms [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter needs to know if worms are reptiles. I have no clue, so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. :)

Worms [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first dog... I let her out her cage tonight and when she pooped, her poop had worms in it... where did it come from and I don't know I'm just grossed out... im taking her to the vet tomorrow... help!do anyone have any information?

Could my Yorkie have WORMS? [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure what the signs of worms are. For a couple days he was throwing up a little and I am not sure why, but he has stopped now. He is laying beside me and his belly is making the weirdest noises. Gurgling and whatnot. He doesn't eat ANYTHING but his dog food, ever. We don't feed him table...

Worms 1 With Xp [ 1 Answers ]

I just feel like playing Worms on my computer. Find back CD, install it without problems. Then I can't run it. Does anyone know how to run it with Windows XP?

View more questions Search