Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snorider21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 11:54 PM
    Ghost/spirit
    Yes it has been going on for quit sometime time frame I'm not sure I haven't always thought of ghost and spirits and it's not always in one particular house like stuff has happened when I lived at my parents always blew it off being the older brother didn't want my little brothers scared so always came up with a reason y but when moved in with a girlfriend she started seeing shadow figures having vivid dreams a lot of them was an older guy in a basement telling her it's OK to come down her we would hear breathing like raspy sounding but it was only us in the house things would be unorganized when we put things away we thought it was the house. We moved out and into my parents basement couldn't get a good nights rest so tried recording my sleeping habits to see if I was maybe doing something to keep me awake but the recorder wouldn't very play all night it would stop recording randomly. I am now going to college and living with relatives in a house they built not even 20 years old so one would think that it shouldn't be haunted or spirits dwelling around but a few weeks ago I started hearing noises and shuffling but tried to ignore it until the other day I noticed the storage room was illuminating light and my relatives are gone during the week so I'm the only one home no one else comes here while there gone plus the house is always locked so I was freaked to know the light was on when I was the last one in there I and I defiantly shut the light off. Idk what it is I don't want to give it too much attention I heard that helps it feed on that knowing it's presence is known.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Feb 16, 2011, 06:09 AM

As I said before, try to get anything you can on recorders, pictures, video, or web cam.

It is inexpensive to get a web cam that it a motion sensor or will record at intervals and use it to see if you can start to figure out what is happening.

Keep a log of what happens , date and time , and who saw or heard what.

Many times when these things are investigated with an open mind , carefully looked into they are found to be of normal origin.

Look for rational causes first.
    " Footsteps ", whispers, groaning, sounds are often found to be houses expanding and contracting during the warm up and cool down they go through every day.

Air leaks and drafts from improperly sealed doors and windows can cause cold spots and shivers.

These are a few examples out of thousands of possibilities .

And out of those thousands sometime arise things that cannot be explained and are in the paranormal category, which is a possibility.

I also suggest that you have the clergy of your liking bless the house.
    I find that a good way to get started and many times finish the investigating of what is happening in your life.

If you would like to try any of this, or want other suggestions ,
    Keep me informed of what you are doing and what is happening
    And we may shed some light on this and put you at ease about it.

And again, I take these things seriously and will do my best
    To help.

I have seen enough to never discount anything .
    Much more goes on around us than we have yet to perceive
    Or begin to understand.
    And much goes on that we perceive to be something other than what it really is.

It is up to you. Shall we see what we can find?

I'll be looking for your answer, and will be here to do whatever I can to help.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Sounds like you have something following you around. What exactly do you want to happen? Some people just want to know what is going on... others want it to stop. These things are life choices only you can make. These things never get better... they get worse.
    EidolonProject Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
    The assumption was made by the answers above that you are being followed. Being "followed" assumes that you are being stalked by one or two particular ghosts. That may not be, and likely isn't the case. You may actually have mediumistic skills that you are not fully aware of. There are two main types of mediums, those who actually possess the gift and those who are self delusional who believe that they have the ability. The one's who are born with the ability are very rare, the others are a dime a dozen. You may have been born with the ability, and ability usually runs in the family, although a generation may be skipped.

Now if that is indeed the case, then you are not being followed so much as you are attracting. Stephen King is famous for "The Shining". But was is the shining? People who are born mediums are seen by those in the ghost realm as sticking out in the crowd because they have an "aura" about then. They glow more than the rest of us... they "shine". Those in the realm of ghosts see this shining one as someone that they can communicate with / through. So it is more likely that you are attracting rather than being stalked, however, I wouldn't dismiss that possibility completely as they were likely first drawn to you because of your ability, and then choose to stay near you. Ghosts don't usually follow someone without a reason. That reason is 99% of the time because they are reaching out for help and they assume that natural mediums possess the skills and know how to help, which is a false assumption in some cases such as yours.

Mary Anne Winkowski, the medium whom the program "Ghost Whisper" is based on tells in her book, "When Ghosts Speak" of an incident concerning Jennifer Love Hewitt who had a fan stalking her (Hewitt). However this stalker was dead. So yes, ghosts can follow should the inclination hit.

You may wish to look into this more in depth for answers. Winkowsky, Allison DuBois and David Wells all have web-sites and books that may help you find some answers.

Take care,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my daughter seeing a ghost or spirit of a man? [ 6 Answers ]

My 9 year old daughter has seen a fiqure of a man on 3 occasions now. We recently moved house (not because of this) and I thought that maybe the ghost was connected to the house but she saw it again last night in our new house in the hallway outside of her room. She described this fiqure of the man...

Spirit or ghost sighting [ 4 Answers ]

I was awakened by something this morning and I don't know what it is or what it means. I woke up and a ghost or spirit was standing at the foot of my bed , at my husbands feet. I closed my eye and opened them again and it was still there but the room was so bright I thought it was daylight outside....

I think there is some ghost or spirit in my room [ 3 Answers ]

Lately things have been happening to me, like a lighter went missing, doors have been opening and closing, and I used to play the ouija board with my friends when they came over. I'm pretty sure I closed the ouija board properly, but could this have something to do with what's been going on at my...

Is there a ghost or spirit following me or trying to communicate with me ? [ 0 Answers ]

I get feelings that I'm being watched and I've heard a voice talk to me but only saying one word, I couldn't understand the word the first time. It happened again on a different night and I heard " hello ". When I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep I feel like something is watching me and I hear...

Am I being followed by a ghost / spirit / thing? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm now 28 and still experiencing the same phenomenon that I did as a child. I have continuously been followed by what I can best describe as a dark figure that likes to play tricks. 'It' or 'they' have followed me from my childhood home, to university to where I reside today with my partner. I...

View more questions Search