Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danidavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2011, 08:38 PM
    Bankruptcy
    While me and my ex were married we racked up about 20000 in debt. Some of it I have been paying on some he pays on. He is filing bankruptcy, can he add my credit cards on it since it was charged during our marriage, even though we are already divorced... And if so how will this affect my credit? I own a house and my car still has his name on it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 08:41 PM

He can include any car that he is listed on, and he will not have to pay.

You ( if you don't file bankruptcy) will still owe on any card your name is on. So if you are joint on any of "his" cards, if he files, you would still owe and they would come after you then.

His filing only stops his requirement to pay, but anyone else listed on the same account will still be responsible to pay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

If someone has a lien on your house from an old debt, and you decide to file bankrupt including that old debt, but keep the house, do they still have the right to keep the lien on the house?

Bankruptcy help [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to go through bankruptcy, I have to get all my information together for my consultation. I live with my father and I was just wondering if anybody knows if this will hurt him at all? I have about 24,000 in debt all through credit cards, I am now off work for medical reasons expected to...

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I was declared bankrupt in Dec 03. I have not had any correspondence stating the length of time l am bankrupt. Is there a site l could go on with maybe a register of bankrupts?

View more questions Search